DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

The house wine at Dreams was pretty decent compared to other AIs where we have stayed. I did request top shelf tequila and whiskey for the reception and they didn't charge us extra. I did make it very clear to the WC and head waiter that I did not want them serving ANYTHING that cost extra. That happened to my BIL at Dreams Cancun with the wine and they had to pay like $500 more. 

Originally Posted by mllek1986 View Post

Have any of you ladies asked Esman or any past WC about the wine that is served at the reception? Most of the AI FI and I have been to all have pretty terrible house wine and we would really like to have good wine at our wedding.

I have read in this forum that you can purchase bottles of wine through the resort- any idea how much these are?

Have any of you asked whether you were allowed to bring in your own wine that you bought in PV?

Also, we are wanting to do a tequila shot (or sip for some) for the bestman's speech - do they provide good quality tequila for this or would we have to pay extra? or bring in our own?

Thanks!

Lauren!!! He is too adorable! You are a riot... is that a bottle of wine?!?!? LMAO! Congrats!

Originally Posted by lauren View Post

thanks karen! logan atari was born on 12/20. here are some pics (just b/c i think he's cute:)  ):

logan1 2.4.11.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

The WC reserved seats for us at the Fiesta one night, otherwise we just met as a group about 15 minutes before a restaurant would open for dinner and they would seat us at tables that were close to each other. Several of the brides have done private bonfires and raved about it. Personally it was well worth the $ to have some privacy, personal service and it let our guests get to know each other.

Originally Posted by hulagirl132 View Post

Hi Ladies,

Me and my wedding party  will be at Dreams PV between May 27 - June 1st.

I want to set-up a welcome dinner so my guests can all meet each other. Are you guys doing welcome dinner or drinks? Since it's an all inclusive hotel, how do I go about reserving a section (about 35 people) so we can have a little privacy. I don't want to book the whole restaurant, just put in a reservation for 35 people and hope we can all eat together in one area?

Thanks,

~ Lea

And my $0.02 about tables, napkins, chair covers, flowers... Don't spend a lot on this, they do look nice in pics but not worth breaking the bank.

1) Agreed about buying some fabric or tulle and taking it with you for the table runners. I used ribbon from the discount bin at Michaels ($3/table).

2) I brought heavy duty napkins from Party City. Got them on sale after Halloween :) 

3) The white ones from Dreams looked really nice. Granted they tied the bows like 2 year olds, but oh well.

4) We reused all of the flowers that came with the Ultimate package: The ceremony and table flower arrangements were identical and used on the guest tables, then my bouquet went into a vase on the head table. 

** The picture boxes were supposed to go inside the flower arrangements along with the LED tea lights. Then the real votives were supposed to go on the table. But they jacked that up and I was the only one who noticed.

Tables

HeadTableBouquet

Gazebo

ChairBacks

ChairFronts

LasPalmas

Hey girls,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Mexican Fiesta night on Friday nights. We planned on having our bonfire on Friday night after the fiesta but was told bonfires must be out by 10PM and you get them for 2 hrs. That means we need to leave the fiesta by 8. Is the fiesta a "show" where you eat and watch until it is over or is it something we can partake in until we are ready to leave for the bonfire? Any info would be great! :)

~Kerri

Oh, also!

FI and I got a great deal in Old Navy yesterday. They have linen in this season and we were planning on ordering off line but I like to see and feel clothes in person before I commit. We got his linen pants and a shirt for $53! They look really nice on and he said they were comfortable. Also, when were checking out they had a bunch of different reusable bags for sale for only $1! We bought them to use as our OOT bags. WOOOHOO for good deals!!!!! woot2.gif

We showed up to the Fiesta night as soon as soon as it started (we did this a lot... show up as soon as the events started and no one else is there, so you and your group can take over a space, although WC had saved 50 seats for us at the Fiesta). They did have vendors set up which is really nice if you don't have time to venture out into town. There was a music and dancing show, and 2 of guys participated in the audience part of the show. We left as soon as that part was over to head to the bonfire. I honestly can't remember how long we had the bonfire, but everybody hung out until it died out and then went to the Rend bar and then the Sports bar.

Originally Posted by kerrib View Post

Hey girls,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Mexican Fiesta night on Friday nights. We planned on having our bonfire on Friday night after the fiesta but was told bonfires must be out by 10PM and you get them for 2 hrs. That means we need to leave the fiesta by 8. Is the fiesta a "show" where you eat and watch until it is over or is it something we can partake in until we are ready to leave for the bonfire? Any info would be great! :)

~Kerri

I was just in Old Navy last night and saw all of the bags! Totes steal! And yay for finding your FI's outfit at such a great price :) 

Originally Posted by kerrib View Post

Oh, also!

FI and I got a great deal in Old Navy yesterday. They have linen in this season and we were planning on ordering off line but I like to see and feel clothes in person before I commit. We got his linen pants and a shirt for $53! They look really nice on and he said they were comfortable. Also, when were checking out they had a bunch of different reusable bags for sale for only $1! We bought them to use as our OOT bags. WOOOHOO for good deals!!!!! woot2.gif

I think Karen mentioned that she didn't have any problems with the candles staying lit and I don't remember it being too windy. It did start to rain about 10 minutes after we jumped in the pool... not to scare you, but just know it does rain in PV regardless of what everybody else says.

Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 View Post

Awesome deal - thanks kerrib!

And autjo your wedding was beautiful!  I'm wondering about candles now and if they stay lit... was it really windy?  Did you notice the candles going out at all?

thanks girls! i think he's cute too :)

Quote:

Hi Ladies,

Me and my wedding party  will be at Dreams PV between May 27 - June 1st.

I want to set-up a welcome dinner so my guests can all meet each other. Are you guys doing welcome dinner or drinks? Since it's an all inclusive hotel, how do I go about reserving a section (about 35 people) so we can have a little privacy. I don't want to book the whole restaurant, just put in a reservation for 35 people and hope we can all eat together in one area?

Thanks,

~ Lea

like someone else said, no reservations - which is what i liked about dreams - and don't be surprised if 35 people can't sit together; it wouldn't be fair to other patrons!

Hi Milek1986,

Thanks for the info. We are having a bonfire are our wedding reception at Las Caletas already so I didn't want to repeat that at Dreams PV.

I think I will just tell my guests to meet us for dinner at one of the resorts restaurant at a set time and whoever shows up, we will just be able to sit-together. I will make it informal.

I originally planned on having welcome dinner OUTSIDE of the resort, but it's out of budget and since the food is free (included) in the resort, we might as well take advantage of that.