DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Good to know about the Costco flowers! I am thinking the same way about the BM bouquets! We were hoping to find somewhere down there to buy flowers!  My wedding is in June, so I'll let you know how the flower situation turns out down there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerrib View Post

I was also told to have the menu done 1 week in advance. They told me that if I do not have one set menu but have given my guests a choice then I must also provide a seating chart.

Good to know about the candles, $40 for little cruddy candles is not worth it. I know that there is a Sam's Club, Wal-mart, and Costco down there. We are undecided about bridesmaids flowers, I can't justify the cost they charge for them esp when they can't travel with them. So I figured we'd scope out costco's flowers once we were down there and if they were good buy a bunch of white roses or something and make our own BM bouquets.

Hi guys,

I have a question about this ridiculous "decoration package". I have the Ultimate package, but can't get a straight answer on what, exactly, is included for reception decor for that!

I see that the decoration packages are only for 20 people, and they want to charge $20 for each additional guest! For a napkin and chair! I can't believe it! 

So my question is, what is included? White table cloths/napkins? What about chairs? If I don't pay extra for the "Tiffany Chairs", what kind of chair do I get?

I'm SOOOO worried about getting nickle-and-dimed while I'm down there... don't want to spend any extra money! Past brides... were you overwhelmed by "add-ons"?

Yes, please let me know!! My BM said they didn't care, but if they're available I want to get them. I figured if it's meant to be it will.

Originally Posted by sarahinlove View Post

Good to know about the Costco flowers! I am thinking the same way about the BM bouquets! We were hoping to find somewhere down there to buy flowers!  My wedding is in June, so I'll let you know how the flower situation turns out down there!

Quote:

I also have the Ultimate package and from what I was told it was the chairs you get for the ceremony (the ones with the white covers), white linens and white napkins....but who knows if that is what it really is. We decided against the extra decorations because of the natural beauty that is surrounding the reception sight and white is one of our colors, and we'll have center pieces, place cards, and favors on each table. I think white looks clean and crisp and I'm into that. Plus, do you want to spend money on details like napkins and tiffany chairs when chances are people won't take notice, I mean it is your wedding I hope they are enjoying themselves and celebrating and not nit picking decor! cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by sarahinlove View Post

Hi guys,

I have a question about this ridiculous "decoration package". I have the Ultimate package, but can't get a straight answer on what, exactly, is included for reception decor for that!

I see that the decoration packages are only for 20 people, and they want to charge $20 for each additional guest! For a napkin and chair! I can't believe it! 

So my question is, what is included? White table cloths/napkins? What about chairs? If I don't pay extra for the "Tiffany Chairs", what kind of chair do I get?

I'm SOOOO worried about getting nickle-and-dimed while I'm down there... don't want to spend any extra money! Past brides... were you overwhelmed by "add-ons"?

Hi Sarahinlove,

Before Louise left I asked her about this as well as I didnt think it added up at all. This is the convo:

Me: After reviewing your decoration package 1, it seems that the cost is actually over the amount I would pay for 20 people separately. Is there no discount for a decoration package? Can I create my own?

Louise: The décor package are cheaper than renting individual items. You can create your own yes. Let me know what you had in mind for décor and I will send you a quote.

Me: Can you please break down the prices so I can see, I can't see how this adds up:

Tiffany Chairs: $7 x 20 pax= $140

Napkins: $7 x 20 pax = $140

Overlays: $15 x 3 (20 pax divides into 2.5 tables of 8) = $45

Hanging Lanterns= $80

Votive Candles= ? Are these big centerpieces or just small tea candle holders?

The rest only adds up to $405, so unless your votives are well over $70 I do not see the bargain.

Louise:You also get luminary candles all around the reception, lanterns to line the ceremony aisle, overlays on your cake table, guestbook table, ceremony table and headtable, and votive candles on all guest tables, head table, cake and guestbook table. Perhaps our description should be more detailed.  

Hi SarahInLove -

They really do need to describe things more.  Although I have a feeling they do this to make even more money, which is why we're pretty much doing everything a la carta.

With any private reception white table clothes/napkins are included as well as chairs with white covers.  We're upgrading to the Tiffany Chairs.... I just love the look of them!

Here are a few tips from our wedding this past January.

Candles:  The candles included with the package are very small tea-light holder candles and really not worth the $40 in our opinion. My suggestion would be to see if you can find (either before you leave or down in PV) some inexpensive, nice candles yourself. We did buy some before we left at a dollar store of all places that were really pretty (and $11). They were however glass and a little heavy so we decided to save the space and go with the candles they supply, but if we were to do it again I would have brought the ones from home with us then just left them at the resort when we left to save carrying them home.

Napkins:  We considered the coloured napkins, but then decided to save the $125 it was going to cost and not bother. Then when I was in the grocery store at home I found some really pretty paper napkins - 60 for $4 - in one of our wedding colours (blue) so we brought these with us and had the coordinator put one at each place setting and the remainder at the cocktail hour...what a savings!

Other than our own candles and napkins, we were happy with the rest of the white decor.... personally we liked the white covered chairs better than the Tiffany chairs and didn't have to pay extra. If you have the ultimate wedding package and extra guests over 20 then the price should be around $75 for the cocktail hour and reception and includes the additional table settings.

Attached are a couple photos of our table setting (none show the blue napkins very well, but the candles are clearly visible). We also brought some cheap (probably fake) seashells from home...I think we got them at Walmart... to put on the table, as well as some palm tree favour boxes to fill with candies.

Table Setting 1.jpg

Table Setting 2.jpg

i bet the tealight holders are from my wedding. i'm still mad that i never got my crap back...anyway.

don't get/use tealight holders if you can help it. it was a bit breezy the day we got married so the candles would not stay lit. tealights in a votive holder would be ok though. we had plain white chairs - i couldn't see the need to upgrade. they're not brown and brass folding chairs from 1973, if that helps. we also got orange overlays for the table at $7/table, i believe, maybe $8. i had 3 bms and 3 tables, so we used their bouquets as centerpieces, and my bouquet at the sweetheart table.

to be honest, i'm sure if they'll nickel and dime you if you ask for things. there wasn't much available as far as decor when i got married, but anything i asked for was crazy - colored napkins were like $3/napkin and the centerpieces that i was interested in would have been hundreds of dollars - $ for candles, $ for candle holders, $ for rocks in the bottom of the holders, etc. i don't remember the exact amounts, and like i said, there wasn't much available, so it might have been more $ for me b/c dreams had to rent/buy the stuff from another place. that being said, if i hadn't asked for the centerpieces or napkins, they wouldn't have even told me about them, and i wouldn't have felt nickeled and dimed. i hope that makes sense, it's late and i have mommy brain.

Hi Lauren - I'm thinking about using our bouquets as centerpieces as well... did they charge you to use vases from the resort?

And I've asked about fabric for the huppah and it sounds like even the regular white material they charge you for.  Not sure how much though...

Sarah