DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Thanks Jenn!!

So I talked to our TA and unfortunately, that's not at the Preferred Tower. I'm assuming it may be because Calgary's always more, plus it's in May so it's high season. Seeing as people are unhappy with the prices as they are, I doubt they'll want to pay more for the Preferred Tower. Maybe we'll just pay to upgrade ourselves.

We're thinking of changing the dates to May 20-27th to fall on the May long weekend, just waiting for those quotes now. In the mean time, how do you fill out the request if you don't know how many guests etc? (General question for everyone!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplnsweet View Post
Hi,

We had the same quote for staying for 1 week in the Preferred Tower and we thought it was a fantastic deal for our guests. We stayed in the Pr. Tower last year and we ended paying way more than that but it was well worth it. We strongly advised our guests to book asap so they can secure the rate and in doing so, if there are 10 rooms booked (double occpcy), then all 20 people would get that rate. The 200 deposit was required for this. If one person did not pay their 200 then the group deal would not hold.

A couple friends of ours just booked yesterday and I am not sure if they got a room in the regular tower or the PT but it cost them an addition 300 dollars more than the going rate, which in itself was probably more than the 1600 group quote.

Our TA gave us this:

We have some excellent group rates with WestJet Vacations. These rates are based on double

occupancy. If you are a single you may want to check with Jason & Jenn about sharing with another

single to avoid paying a single supplement.

If you were to stay in a deluxe room for one week departing from Vancouver on Nov 14th

the per person price inclusive of tax is currently: $1176.90.

If you choose to stay in a Preferred Junior Suite with Ocean view and jacuzzi the total cost

per person is $1592.22.

I hope this helps.

Jenn

Hi ladies...I really need some help here.

We hope to have a welcome dinner at Dreams; we are 30 adults with 5 children. As you know, Dreams does not do rezos. Besides having a dinner off site or get the dinner catered by the resort, what do you suggest we do? We also want to do a mixer- meet and greet ahead of the dinner. We know that we likely won't be sitting all close together at dinner so we wanted to get together and just mingle before we make our way to dinner. We thought of the Rendez Vous lounge but again we have 5 children coming. Thoughts? Ideas?

I'm all ears...bring it on! lol

Jenn

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

we are now officially booked at Dreams PV for May 24, 2011. I'm a little concerned though as my main contact has been Samantha, and she is the group coordinator and I know that Rebecca is the usual wedding coordinator. Should I be worried? Rebecca was CCed originally when I first put in the request, but I stopped emailing her since my initial email came from Samantha. Should I be communicating with Rebecca instead? I'm already a little worried since she said the gazebo can fit up to 80 ppl and I have read reviews where 50 is tight.....

Has anyone dealt with Samantha for planning their wedding?

Hey Jenn ~ I know this is a little late, but hope it helps :)

Rebeca actually reserved tables for us at the fiesta night. It was really nice and worked out perfect so we didn't have to pay for something private.

We also met in the lobby outside of Rendezvous several times before dinners and just mingled and grabbed drinks from the bar, but the kids were still included.

And everyone really enjoyed the private bonfire. You have to pay for it, but it is a lot cheaper than a dinner, includes marshmallows and gives your guests the chance to talk and mingle. Bring your ipod and speakers, some graham crackers and smores from Costco and you have a great private gathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplnsweet View Post
Hi ladies...I really need some help here.

We hope to have a welcome dinner at Dreams; we are 30 adults with 5 children. As you know, Dreams does not do rezos. Besides having a dinner off site or get the dinner catered by the resort, what do you suggest we do? We also want to do a mixer- meet and greet ahead of the dinner. We know that we likely won't be sitting all close together at dinner so we wanted to get together and just mingle before we make our way to dinner. We thought of the Rendez Vous lounge but again we have 5 children coming. Thoughts? Ideas?

I'm all ears...bring it on! lol

Jenn

Congrats on booking! I did not work with Samantha and am not sure how things are running there now. I do know that I wished I had paid extra and got an outside coordinator because Rebeca was good, but she is more of a group coordinator. She made sure everything was together, but it would have been nice to have that "wedding" eye from a real coordinator. We had 50 people and I thought the chairs might fall off of the gazebo area. 80 will not fit sitting down because 50 was super tight. Here are some pics from couple of different angles. Happy planning!

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1984 View Post
Hey guys!

we are now officially booked at Dreams PV for May 24, 2011. I'm a little concerned though as my main contact has been Samantha, and she is the group coordinator and I know that Rebecca is the usual wedding coordinator. Should I be worried? Rebecca was CCed originally when I first put in the request, but I stopped emailing her since my initial email came from Samantha. Should I be communicating with Rebecca instead? I'm already a little worried since she said the gazebo can fit up to 80 ppl and I have read reviews where 50 is tight.....

Hey everyone! We're back from PV and we had the best time of our lives!! The week was amazing and our wedding was perfect! I'm starting my review so hopefully I'll have it done soon.

Jenn, we did welcome cocktails at Rendezvous on Wed & Thurs at 8. We figured people would be arriving at various times throughout the day so they'd probably want to eat earlier. It worked out really well. And we had 3 kids under the age of 7 with us & meeting in the bar wasn't a problem. It's not your typical bar - it's a large open-air space with lots of tables and you can pull several together to make your own area.

Instead of a welcome/rehearsal dinner, we had a bonfire on the beach Fri night at 8:30. It's around $250 or $300 but that includes your own waiter for drinks and tons of huge marshmallows (we brought graham crackers from home and bought chocolate bars at Walmart to make s'mores). Fri nights are the Mexican Fiesta night by the pool and most people went there for dinner & then came over to the bonfire. The bonfire was seriously one of the best decisions we made and everyone loved it.

m1984, I only worked with Rebeca so I'm not sure what Samantha's role in planning weddings is. But, I would get in touch with Rebeca again and let her know you've been communicating with Samantha but wondered if you should still be working with Rebeca. She has her own office - the wedding room - and she was the only person I ever saw there (& I walked by several times a day). My experience with Rebeca was wonderful. She was so helpful and detail-oriented. She added little touches to make what I brought even more special. We bought a talavera vase down there to use in our sand ceremony & I asked if we could just use sand from the hotel, which she said was fine. At the ceremony, she had two small clear vases of sand, one with beach sand & one with aqua sand for us to use. It was perfect. She carried out the vision I had for the wedding better than I had even imagined it.

Since we got married on the beach, I can't speak to the gazebo's capacity, but, having seen it, 80 seems high to me. Autumn is the perfect person to answer that question.

Autumn & Jess - thanks girls!! I kept thinking about you both - what a wonderful place to have in common! J - we went into Our Lady of Guadalupe and wow! What a gorgeous church! A - Rebeca has some of your cute OOT items on display in the wedding room! I saw them & told P - I know the girl who made those! :)

Oh yeah, there were no upgrades (shocking, I know) & some of the room requests couldn't be honored (just bed size). When we checked in on Mon 5.24 the hotel was pretty empty but by Wed-Thurs it was at capacity. We didn't want an upgrade cuz we had a dreams suite in the preferred tower, but several of our guests got 2 double beds, including my parents & they had requested a king (no one complained to me, but I found out later). There weren't any rooms available to even change to which kind of sucked, but what can you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1984 View Post
Hey guys!

Hi M1984,
I am also getting married at Dreams PV in May 2011. I also have Samantha, and so far communications have been o.k but not great. I am a little worried and am considering requesting to work with Rebecca. You are the only other person that I have seen that has worked with Samantha.

Welcome back Mrs. Karen!!! I had stalked Fer's blog and just love the pics! The last one of you laying in the grass looks like it should be in a bridal magazine - gorgeous! I am so glad to hear that everything turned out as you expected, can't wait to see the rest of your pics :)

And tooo funny about my OOT stuff in Rebeca's office! We gave all of the left over OOT stuff to the hotel staff and all of them were so gracious - I kinda thought they were just being nice to be nice.

Congrats on a great wedding!

And welcome khannan to the Dreams thread :o)