Newbie;Cancun/Riveria Mayan

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Mystic

• 254 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

We were going to keep it a secret from my fiance's family because we thought his parents might be upset if they knew it wasn't the real thing. FI's mother actually asked us if we considered getting married here first for the sake of convenience and that's when we told her that we would be getting married here first.

I'm not going to announce it to all my guests, but to us our wedding in Mexico on October 24, 2009 IS our real wedding so I don't think it's deceiving. Our anniversary will be celebrated on Oct 24th. The legal ceremony in the US is just being considered as paperwork.

People attend At Home Receptions without attending the actual destination ceremony with no problem. If you think your guests will care though, they don't have to know! :-)

#32 soon2bePowers

• 382 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

We are getting married at the Valentin, in Rivieria Maya. We are going to have a symbolic wedding there and get legally married here before we go. We are going to ask our grandparents (who will not be attending the DW) to be our witnesses at the courthouse.

Happy Planning!!!

#33 bca33

• 336 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:25 AM

Congrats and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users