Photo

Jennifer Hudson (of Dreamgirls fame) engaged!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

Jennifer Hudson gets engaged to 'I Love New York' contestant David Otunga on her 27th birthday
By Associated Press
2:34 PM CDT, September 15, 2008
NEW YORK (AP) _ Jennifer Hudson got a big surprise on her 27th birthday: an engagement ring. Hudson's beau, David Otunga, popped the question while celebrating the actress-singer's big day in Los Angeles on Friday, her publicist, Jessica Kolstad, said Monday.

The couple have not yet set a wedding date, Kolstad said.

Hudson won a best supporting actress Oscar in 2007 for her role in "Dreamgirls." Her film credits also include "Sex and the City" and the upcoming "The Secret Life of Bees." The "American Idol" alum will release her debut solo album Sept. 30.

Otunga appeared as a contestant nicknamed "Punk" on the VH1 reality dating show "I Love New York 2."

#2 Banana11

Banana11
  • VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

I was so shocked by this one! I thought she was still with her bf of like 10 years!

I watched her FI on I Love NY and he was one of the nicer guys on there. I believe he made it to the final 2 and she chose the other guy.

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

Oh i remember that guy on I Love New York. Was he really buff and his mom was very conservative and polite? He seemed normal on that show. Goodluck to them.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 bride2b08

bride2b08
      • 41 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

oh man.. i dont know if i could take new yorks baggage thats a little risky, if you know what i mean??LOL

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

haha, that is kinda scarey, ny's sloppy seconds. But he did seem like an okay guy on the show, he was really smart and not insane. But if he was on that show, there had to be something wrong with him.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

I always assume the "contestants" on some reality shows are just looking for a break in the entertainment industry. I Love NY is for sure one of them!

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

she was the only good thing about that movie :) she is a gorgeous girl and i'm glad she is happy!

#8 KarmaB

KarmaB
            • 796 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

He is a Harvard and Columbia educated Lawyer and he's very good looking as well. Obviously, going on the show was a way for him to further his career, because he obviously was way to good for New York.

Jennifer owes her success to reality TV (Idol), which is kind of ironic. Hopefully they don't do any Reality TV shows together (Newlywed Style). :-)

#9 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
              • 609 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

I don't know... does he seem a little feminine to any one else?

#10 ~Debra~

~Debra~
                • 500 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

FoxyBride, I was just thinking that. He does seem a little feminine to me but he's soooo good looking!! It would be a shame if he went the other way but I don't think he does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users