Photo

Supplies for making boarding pass invites??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:31 PM

I'm looking around trying to figure out what all I need for getting my 40 boarding pass invites done. However, I'd appreciate some tips and hints on what tools you found that worked best for making the passes, getting them glued/stuck together and perforated, etc. I don't want to buy too many little extras to get this done, but I want them to look good, so any tips would be REALLY appreciated! Thanks!

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

I used two tools.
    (1) A rotary trimmer (paper cutter) with a regular blade, a perforating blade and a scoring (fold-making) blade. Fiskars makes the one I used - the 12" Ultimate Craft Rotary Paper Trimmer - I bought one or both of the non-regular blades separately. It was about $35 and maybe $7 for each of the blades. Looked like this:
    Click the image to open in full size.

(2) a corner punch. I also recomment the squeeze one from Fiskars - so easy and no sore thumb because it's a squeeze rather than a push button like so many are. looks like this (only in a corner rather than the hand): Click the image to open in full size.

I got them both at Michael's and with a 50% off coupon... bonus!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
    • 170 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:48 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions- I spent about 15 minutes in Michael's today just kind of staring at all the supplies, unsure of how to start!

#4 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
      • 609 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:52 PM

Thanks becks! I was also wondering about this as well. Do you have any tips for cutting right on the line? I feel like I'm always a little to either side when using these types of cutters.

#5 Bianca

Bianca
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:56 PM

my tip would be to have "bleed marks" and then cut the edges of the paper so the marks are all the way to the edge of the sheet and then use those lines to line up with the rotary cutter. Once you use the cutter once, you will see a line on the bottom part where the blade runs across, so just line up the bleed marks to the line on the cutter and hold on tight to the paper so it doesnt move!

I think that sounds a lot more complicated than it is!
          19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
          http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#6 latinbeauty

latinbeauty
          • 117 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the tips! Even though i've been on this site for a while now and have seen certain supplies listed several times over and over - I still felt totally confused last weekend when i went to store.
            Some people persue happiness, others make it -Unknown
            http://ticker.7910.o....nJpZWQgSW4.gif

#7 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
            • 223 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

While looking for the boarding pass template, I found Alyee's blog page. She has instructions, templates, and which tools she suggests for use. (Plus, she has other DIY projects.)

Aylee blog: Aylee bits ยป DIY: Boarding Pass Invitation / Save The Date

I still don't know which rotary trimmer to purchase myself. I've been researching, and I'm not sure which way to go.

Anyone out there have good/bad experiences to share regarding the rotary trimmers used?

#8 nicmicj

nicmicj
              • 244 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

I got a FISKARS paper trimmer that only cost about $19 from Michael's and it was a life saver (it's orange). It wasn't the huge one but was just big enough for regular size paper (8 1/2 x 11). I used cover stock paper and it worked great and was a big time saver because I was going to just cut them!! That would not have worked out at all, but the paper trimmer was great.

#9 adias.angel

adias.angel
                • 719 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

I use the fiskar rotary trimmer because it has the different blades you can buy. They have one for perforating that works great on the boarding pass STD's. It is so worth the money. Carla

#10 tcuvicki

tcuvicki
                  • 75 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

thanks for the tip! I will be starting mine soon and need all the advice I can get!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users