Photo

Updated price list at Renova Spa--ROR

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 panther

panther
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

Is it best to book time before you go or wait until you get there? I am not keen on having to pay before hand to reserve a spot.

#12 ccunningham

ccunningham
    • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

If it's for any service surrounding the wedding (hair, nails, etc.), I would DEFINITELY book before you go. They were very crowded when I was there, and I still got in a half hour late. The number of girls they have working is also dependent on how many reservations they have, I would guess. If it's for something like a massage that you're flexible about during your vacation, you could wait to book that, although I tried to do that on location and couldn't find a time that worked well.

#13 chicklet

chicklet
      • 718 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amagee
        I talked to the Renova Spa today and I am afraid that they will not have enough room for us? I only have two bridesmaid and one flower girl, but they said they can only take two people at a time and there are weddings before mine. Does anyone know of any salons off the resort?
        She told me this as well. I think I am pre-booking so that I am guaranteed a spot. It's screwy though, with the amount of wedding they do in a day you'd think that they would bulk up their staff so they could accomodate everyone.

#14 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
        • 97 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

I just wanted to let Riu Negril brides know that I recieved the same email and the prices are the same for the Riu Negril....just in case anyone was wondering :)

#15 klopez

klopez
          • 176 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by chicklet
            She told me this as well. I think I am pre-booking so that I am guaranteed a spot. It's screwy though, with the amount of wedding they do in a day you'd think that they would bulk up their staff so they could accomodate everyone.
            Hey Ang, did you book hair already? The quotes I got were kinda ridiculous...I was thinking I might just wait til I get down there to get a more accurate quote...plus you have to leave a 50% deposit if you reserve beforehand. My MIL is actually a "hairdresser" so I was gonna ask if she's willing to do my hair....it's simple enough but I'm just worried I won't know how to handle the situation if I hate it! haha

#16 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by klopez
              Hey Ang, did you book hair already? The quotes I got were kinda ridiculous...I was thinking I might just wait til I get down there to get a more accurate quote...plus you have to leave a 50% deposit if you reserve beforehand. My MIL is actually a "hairdresser" so I was gonna ask if she's willing to do my hair....it's simple enough but I'm just worried I won't know how to handle the situation if I hate it! haha
              It was pretty steep, ya!! I paid my 50% yesterday so my appointments are booked. I got hair and makeup for both myself and my matron of honour and its gonna cost $300. I didn't want any of the packages and I am having my nails done here *much cheaper* so that kinda screwed me a bit. The packages are a little more responable.

#17 divadivine25

divadivine25
              • 427 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

Thanks! Very helpful.

#18 klopez

klopez
                • 176 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by chicklet
                  It was pretty steep, ya!! I paid my 50% yesterday so my appointments are booked. I got hair and makeup for both myself and my matron of honour and its gonna cost $300. I didn't want any of the packages and I am having my nails done here *much cheaper* so that kinda screwed me a bit. The packages are a little more responable.
                  But aren't the packages for spa treatments, like massages and facials, etc.? From what I see, they don't include hair and make-up in those packages...at least not from the emails I received.

#19 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

It was a combination of all things...some hair, some makeup, some spa etc.
                    It wasn't my cup of tea so i get to pay out the butt...*lol* happy wedding day to me!!!

#20 christenew

christenew
                    • 325 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Oh chicklet I was going to say you don't have to worry about me at the spa on our wedding day. I am getting all my stuff done by friends and family in my room. That sucks you had to pay out so much ahead of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users