14 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

...that is a great idea and can really save some $$ on the travel arrangements...

BUT please do not post threads about looking for someone to do a share...could you imagine if all the 5000 members of the forum all started posting threads to share their photog...this forum would get bogged down with these requests.

instead, why not put it in your sig...that way the info is there and people can pm you...once you find someone to share your photog with, you can remove the info from you sig and it is no longer on the forum.

ETA: if you ignore this rule and post a photog share you will lose forum priviledges temporarily.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 gennygetsmarried

gennygetsmarried
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

I don't understand at all what I did wrong??!!! I'm sorry for the thread I posted but I didn't know... Then, I wrote on the post ''How do I find a photographer'' and you delete my message!!!! I'm certainly not the only one asking for that on the post?? What the hell?? Why is this forum so complicated?

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:09 AM

Take a deep breath.

So you're upset with the administration/moderators because you didn't take the time to read the rules of the forum? Maybe the forum wouldn't be so complicated if you took the time to read the rules. Just a suggestion.

Also, I thought I was pretty clear in the PM that I sent you on why your posts were removed. I also provided a link to the forum rules AND specifically this thread, which explains it even further.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by gennygetsmarried
        I don't understand at all what I did wrong??!!! I'm sorry for the thread I posted but I didn't know... Then, I wrote on the post ''How do I find a photographer'' and you delete my message!!!! I'm certainly not the only one asking for that on the post?? What the hell?? Why is this forum so complicated?
        P.S. I also sent you a PM with the 3 posts we removed. I have put the text in red where you ask to share a photographer. You can certainly post again if you have a legitimate question about photographers!

#5 gennygetsmarried

gennygetsmarried
        • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:32 PM

Ok.. no problem! But how about Sonya that's looking for a photographer?? It's just funny how her message is still accepted.
          But it's ok, I got the picture. Btw, the link that you sent me wasn't working, so I couldn't read you rules and the complicated part was not about the forum but about all the rules you have to read beforehand.

Sonya
          Lurker

Bank: 0.00
          Total Points: 208.66
          Donate
          Sonya is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How Do I Find a Photographer??
          I am looking to share a photographer for the end of April/beginning of May 2010 at the Iberostar Varadero. Anyone interested? Also, to those of you that have brought/are bringing your own photographer - approximately how much is this costing you if you do not share?
          Sonya is offline Add to Sonya's Reputation Add Infraction for Sonya Report Post Reply With Quote

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

listen, the moderators of this forum (which is free to you, I want to point out) do so during their free time. we are busy career women, working mothers, stay at home moms, etc. ... we are not paid, we choose to do this job because this forum means a lot to us and was a great resource for us when planning our weddings. we do our best, but we likely miss things along the way (apparently Sonya’s post, and likely others). you can simply use the "report this post" if you see something that you think breaks a forum rule. I suggest you take some of your free time to familiarize yourself with the rules before complaining about them again.

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

Seiously, why not just leave if you hate this place so much.?

Have you ever been a member of an unmoderated or poorly moderated forum? They are usually a mess, especially with this many members. Although, they usually don't get that large because no one wants to use them.

Forums need rules. Without them, they don't work.

#8 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

Here's some advice for life...Worry about yourself, not what others are doing. Sonya didn't deserve to be called out publicly like that. Let the mods handle it.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kristy!
                  Here's some advice for life...Worry about yourself, not what others are doing. Sonya didn't deserve to be called out publicly like that. Let the mods handle it.
                  I know! So you don't like when a mod sends you a PM to let you know you are breaking the rules, but it's OK for you to call someone out for breaking rules publicly?

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    I know! So you don't like when a mod sends you a PM to let you know you are breaking the rules, but it's OK for you to call someone out for breaking rules publicly?
                    good point, actually. no one ever would have known about your mishap until you chose to make it public. no need to take others down with you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users