KristinaM
  • VIP Member
  • 3,082 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:39 PM

Well girls, I figured it was my turn.

After four years of dating through college, my fiance and I are now currently in a long distance relationship. He moved for a work oppoortunity with a family memeber and I have remained here to finish school and get a job. That's a story in itself though, which we are still trying to figure out the solution to!

But he came to visit me one weekend and met me in New York City when I got out of work. We had planned to just spend the day in the city, have dinner, and go back home to my parents house. He suggested going on the tour up to the top of the empire state building. While we were up there "on top of the world" he came up behind me with a beautiful ring and asked me to be his best friend forever. I, of course, said yes and shed the expected tears.

Then he tells me that he booked a hotel room so we could spend the night in the city. My first answer was "but I dont have clothes". He had that covered too though as my whole family already knew and my dad had dropped a bag off at the hotel. I couldn't believe they all know and I didn't figure it out. The room was beautiful and filled with rose petals and champagne. It was all so sweet.

I was most impressed though that he actually managed to suprise me! I hate suprises and always pry to figure them out. I think he was more impressed with himself for pulling off the suprise factor than actually getting engaged!

Now we're on to planning and are so excited for our Cabo Wedding!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:57 PM

that is so sweet and romantic!!! and how great that he included your family.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 NHPT

NHPT
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

beautiful story! my fiance have been dating for 6 years and 3 of those were long distance- not fun! both we both wanted to finish our masters degrees - and now we are back together again!
    Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#4 Jennifer

Jennifer
    • 218 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:05 AM

Very nice story! Don't you hate it when the family knows before you do? :)

#5 KristinaM

KristinaM
      • VIP Member
      • 3,082 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
      • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:46 PM

Nicole-- It's so nice to hear that someone else was in a long distance relationship that worked out too! You hear soo many that just don't last! Congrats to you two! Yeah with us its been like two extremes because we were actually living together for 2 years during college and now we're doing to the ld thing.. so sometimes I'm so jealous of my friends whose relationships are a happy medium!

Jennifer-- Yes, I couldn't believe they knew before me and no one gave it away!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users