how much to tip?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:35 AM

We're tipping our WC at the resort - probably $100 or $50 and a gift...we're not sure yet!

#12 Amy715

• 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

thanks for the info, i'll prob tip my wc the same. Have an awesome wedding melissa!

#13 laura b

laura b
      • 334 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:05 AM

Are you guys tipping before or after services rendered? (greasing the wheels vs. saying thanks, right?)
        I never thought of tipping the WC. Well, I thought of it but dismissed it. If we're bringing our photographer with us, do we still tip them? That whole thing seems really odd to me. Who else should I be tipping that I'm not thinking of?

#14 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:07 AM

OH CRAP, I totally forgot about tipping Irma at the Sheraton.. MF,, there goes more money..

#15 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

i'm a fan of tipping when it's deserved. like if you asked me right now if i'd be tipping Marilu from Dreams PV - hell no, she has barely communicated with me at all. Nicole from Las Caletas though - she's been amazing.

but i have to be honest, there are so many people i don't think to tip - and i am afraid i offend people w/o realizing it. sorry to leigh and all other photogs out there, but it never would have occured to me to tip the photographer. awful! the people i'd think to tip were all the service people (waiters, bartenders, etc.), maybe the DJ i guess - AHHHH - how do we know who gets a tip!?

#16 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:43 AM

Ann I think the rule of thumb is, if they run their own business then a tip isn't required (but I'm sure they would still enjoy it :-) Irma at the Sheraton has been really sweet to us, so If I don't give her cash then I might get her something (not sure what) and of course we would tip the waiter for our wedding dinner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users