Affordable Cabo Sport Fishing Charter??

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 katsmeow

• 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:08 PM

Hi All! I was wondering if anybody could suggest an affordable and fun charter fishing group? My groom and his friends want to experience the sport fishing that Cabo is so famous for, but they don't want it to break the bank since so many of our guests already paid a lot for the trip down.

Any suggestions or reccomendations would be great!! Thx!!

#2 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

I used caboticket.com for a charter snorkeling and dive trip. You can ask him if he does fishing. If not I'm sure he will send you in the right direction. His name is Traun.
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#3 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

Great site Kelly! I think we'll use it for horseback riding!

#4 sstotz

• 298 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:06 AM

I was wondering the same thing!! Thanks!
          ~Soon to be Shanny May
          June 20th, 2009
          Cabo San Lucas, MX

#5 hbsbride

• 331 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:57 PM

Another one looking for any information on fishing. Would really appreciate any info.

#6 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

We actually went down to the marina the morning we wanted to go and there are tons of boats for fishing - we got a better deal this way

#7 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the tip Jess. How big was your group and much was it per person when you did it that way, if you don't mind sharing?

#8 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

We had 8 of us but they have all sizes down there...we ended up doing half a day (4 hours) on a gorgeous boat (the girls wanted to lay out so this was key for us) for $600. Their were boats ranging from $300-$700 for half a day though. This was in January of this year.

#9 jurisdr

• 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kelly C
                    I used caboticket.com for a charter snorkeling and dive trip...
                    Great site! I bookmarked it for future use.
                    I'm the Mother (step-mom) of bride.

The bride asked me to plan her wedding w/the help of a WC. Yay!

#10 Loni

• 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

Hi there! My husband went fishing twice down there. He highly recommends Baja Raiders. They rented 2 38-foot boats (they held 7 guys each) for $1100 for 8 hours. Maybe a little expensive but he said those guys were all business and didn't piss around. Between the 2 boats they caught 4 marlin, and 4 dorado.
                      We went on our own another time and were supposed to get a 33 foot boat, and they stuck us with a 28 foot boat. Cost was $250 for the two of us. Then the captain only wanted to fish for mackeral so we were along the beach the whole time. My husband convinced him to go deeper so we could get some big fish, and then they just sat on the top of the boat and did nothing. The lines were tangled for like 10 minutes, and they weren't even watching them. My husband was not impressed at all, and it was a waste of a day. We got hooked up through Picante at the marina. It sucked. Sometimes a bargain in Mexico isn't the best plan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users