Photo

Any other Buff Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Inked1

Inked1
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

So I picked up Sue Fleming's book "Buff Brides" it lays out both a 24 and 12 week fitness program using light to moderate weight training and cardio workouts.

I just finished my second week and am enjoying it so far. The work outs are fun and not too difficult. Wondering if anyone else is using this to tone up and maybe drop a few pounds, curious to see what kind of progress other brides have had....

I still have a year until the wedding, but wanted to start making fitness a part of my life now, make it habit before I hit 30 and it gets harder to start new habits. Not really dieting, but am trying to make healthier food decisions.

I am taking before and progress pics (which i see some improvement already) but told myself I won't weigh or measure inches more than monthly.

Yay for self improvement, if anyone else wants to motivate along with me, say hi!

#2 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
    • 177 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for posting...I looked it up and ordered it myself!
      Engaged: December 25, 2007
      Married: February 4, 2009
      Wedding Destination: Cuba
      Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
      http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#3 DLyteful

DLyteful
      • 879 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

The title by its self sounds motivating. Before pics are always good, cause when you have a weak moment u can take a look and remember what all the hard work is for. Good luck!

#4 mpajkos

mpajkos
        • 359 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

I just had my FI buy some dumbells and an exercise ball for me. I go to the gym for cardio. But I'll have to look into that book.

#5 Erica053009

Erica053009
          • 513 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

I actually but the buff bride dvd and rubber band but have not used it once yet it is still in the box but my dress came in and I go for my first fitting ( I am calling it my unfitting cause it won't fit) so i am sure that will kick me in the butt and start using it I will let you know how it is

#6 mpajkos

mpajkos
            • 359 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

I just went online and purchased the book. I'll keep you updated once I get it in the mail.

#7 Inked1

Inked1
              • 161 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

Thought I would share my happy for the day. I was having a kind of "I feel chubby" day despite a really good work out and in need of motivation. Despite my promise to myself not to weigh or measure for one more week I caved...BUT

I am down 2 pounds after 3 weeks with this book, also down 0.5 inches in both my waist and thigh, and a full inch in my hips!

Like I said, just wanted to share...

#8 Shay2679

Shay2679
                • 493 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

HELLO!

I too (along with my FI - what a sweetie) am doing the Buff Brides program. We begun week three on Monday, and tonight is the end of the week workout for us.

Week three is more challenging than the first two, but no less enjoyable!

I don't know if I have dropped any weight...but my arms and thighs (and butt a bit) are thanking me (and hating me all at the same time) right now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users