Photo

Boudoir Photography

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

I just went to VS and bought some cute undies and bras.. and accessories were key. Also a slammin' pair of high heels. It's also nice if you get some undies with "Bride" on it :) PM me if you wanna see my photos.

#12 Bryan Morris

Bryan Morris
    • 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

This site should give you tons of ideas.

Viva Van Story Pinup Photography - Home

Regards,

Bryan Morris

#13 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

When I did my BD Shoot (which I won) - I brought WAY too much...

#1. Vamp : a black feather bra, blackfeather skirted garter, black thigh high nylons, black boa, stilettos

#2. Jungle: leopard print bustier, leopard boy shorts, chocolate brown faux fur stole - possibly knee high brown suede boots

#3. Canadian Girl : white cotton bra, and two different pair of boy shorts - one pair is red with a Canadian Flag across the bottom, and the other is red with the words "Canadian Girl, Accept NO Substitute" across the bottom.

#4. Cuban Guyabera: I have my FI's wedding shirt (a Cuban Guyabera) and his favourite straw hat from Cuba

The first four I am really keen on... but then I went through my own tickle trunk... and found

#5. Teddies in Colour : - A lime green, bright orange, and a hot pink teddy

#6. Basic Black Lace Bustier: I have a simple basic black lace bustier with matching bottoms

#7. Camo: I also have a **very sheer** camo teddy - which I am nervous about in photos, as it may be too risque.

I also have 2 other outfits - with props that I'd like to add to my boudoir book, but I will have to ask that they are not used in any advertising - because they are a little too tied to my FI and I - being that the photos would bear his (our) last name.

#8. AAA Hockey: My FMIL recently brought over some of my FI's stuff from her house. Included was his old AAA Leather hockey jacket - bearing his last name on the sleeve, I thought this could be cute with a simple undergarments.

#9. 'retail' Service: My FI owns a 'retail store', and I happen to have a tiny tee that was produced mistakenly by the printing company. I picked up a pair of white boy shorts to match the back of it reads 'retailstore' - SERVICE' - I'll also tote a ton of other 'retail' paraphenalia for effect.

It was just a lot of stuff... but they turned out great...

Amy's Boudoir Session

#14 Geralyn

Geralyn
        • 2,677 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:34 PM

I was thinking of doing this too. How much does a shoot like this cost?

#15 LisaMark

LisaMark
          • Banned
          • 125 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hi RIUMBBride711,

Every photographer is different, and when I did Amy's (listed just above) it was because she won it in a contest! However personally, my packages run from $200 (with no hair and make-up) to $350 and $400 with hair and make-up. Books are a bit extra. I suppose it depends on where you are located as well as prices may change per photographer based on location.

Cheers,
            Lisa

P.S. Amy's select was awesome! It's always great to have more choices than not enough!

#16 Amarillis

Amarillis
            • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

I know I brought too much!

I must say that I couldn't imagine not having the hair and makeup component for the shoot!

I see the pics and I don't even look like myself... but rather a glammed up goddess...

#17 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:00 PM

I don't know if I can afford to get this done...but I REALLY, REALLY want to!!! I'm going to try & squeeze it into my budget...but if not I think I'm going to get a friend to take them & we can work some magic with photoshop!!

#18 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
                • 227 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

Hi! I love this idea but was wondering if anyone knows a photogrpher that does this in NJ or NYC?

#19 Tammy34

Tammy34
                  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

I am looking for a photographer that does this in edmonton or area in alberta, anyone have any suggestions?

#20 JennyK

JennyK
                    • 3,502 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by NJ_bride
                      Hi! I love this idea but was wondering if anyone knows a photogrpher that does this in NJ or NYC?
                      I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend my photog Brandi. Brandi Grooms Photography ~ Liberating Portraits ~ Boudoir Photography, Photography for Women, Portraits, & Wedding Photography

She's based out of Red Bank.. Her work is amazing and she's sooooo sweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users