Days your guests are staying and schedule of activities?

For all you ladies that have already had or are set with your destination wedding - here are the questions I have for you!

1) How many days did your guests stay?

2) What was the schedule of events for each day (welcome dinners, rehearsal dinners, group activities..etc..)?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VIP Member

My guests stayed between 7 and 3 days, with most staying 7.

Here was our schedule:

Moday - Arive

Tuesday - met with our coordinator and everyone just hung out at the pool.

Wednesday - excusions and the 5/3 day people arrived

Thursday - Salon day for the girls (nails)Welcome/Rehearsal dinner

Friday - Wedding

Saturday - Trash the Dress, 3 day people left

Sunday - Final day at the resort

Monday - 5/7 day people left

My wedding is on a Thursday. Most of our guest are coming down Tuesday and staying until Saturday (4 nights 5 days). We aren't really planning anything aside from the wedding. I really want our guests to enjoy the time as their vacation. We have plans to go places and will announce that to everyone, but we didn't want to plan things officially because we didn't want people to feel like they had to come.

I went to a DW this summer and they planned a ton of stuff! I just wanted to do my own thing and explore. I felt bad missing the things they planned. I didn't want my guests to feel that way.

Hi! Our plans are as follows:

Tuesday: we arrive w/some guests

Weds: most guests arrive

Thursday: Final guests arrive, welcome dinner 6pm off resort

Friday: the big day! 4pm ceremony followed by 2hr cocktail party, then dinner and show with everyone at resort's Beach Party, onto late night drinks/dancing

Saturday: we are going on resort's catamaran cruise all are invited who want to come

Sunday: some guests leave

Monday: most guests leave

Tuesday: we leave with rest of guests sad.gif

I also did not want to plan too much, we have guests in 3 resorts and different ages. Hope this helps!

Mine might be a little bit different because my wedding will not be at a resort...

Sunday May 17th: I arrive in St. Lucia with my parents and a few other guests.

May 18-20: Last minute wedding stuff and vacation/relaxation time (yeah, right)

May 21st: FI and most guests arrive. Welcome BBQ at night.

May 22nd: Chartered catamarran ride from 12-4. We're going to a street party (Jump-Up) that night and anyone who wants to come can join us.

May 23rd: Wedding Day! That night, we're moving to a private cottage about 5 minutes away from our guests.

May 24th: We may have a brunch, but probably not.

May 25th: Some guests leave

May 26th: FI and I leave for Punta Cana

May 28th: Rest of guests leave

June 5th: We return from Punta Cana

We're renting the villa from May 21-May 25, so any time outside of that, people are on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy! View Post
Mine might be a little bit different because my wedding will not be at a resort...
Sunday May 17th: I arrive in St. Lucia with my parents and a few other guests.
May 18-20: Last minute wedding stuff and vacation/relaxation time (yeah, right)
May 21st: FI and most guests arrive. Welcome BBQ at night.
May 22nd: Chartered catamarran ride from 12-4. We're going to a street party (Jump-Up) that night and anyone who wants to come can join us.
May 23rd: Wedding Day! That night, we're moving to a private cottage about 5 minutes away from our guests.
May 24th: We may have a brunch, but probably not.
May 25th: Some guests leave
May 26th: FI and I leave for Punta Cana
May 28th: Rest of guests leave
June 5th: We return from Punta Cana

We're renting the villa from May 21-May 25, so any time outside of that, people are on their own.
Kristy,

Are you going to the Friday Night Fish Fry Street Party? If so....convince all to go (best to arrive by boat). I just went in May and it was one of our favorite parts of the trip. I thought it was going to be cheezie touristy (which is a personal dislike for me) and even though it was a lot of tourists, you get to taste the food and drink made by the locals (some right out of their houses). It is AMAZING! have a blast!

our plans are as follows:

Tuesday may 19:[/b] the FI and I arrive in cabo san lucas to meet with our coordinator and photographer. My "man of honor" will also be arriving with us to help out.

Wednesday May 20: My parents and my FILs arrive and we will probably go to dinner since they will be meeting for the first time.

Thursday May 21: the rest of the guests arrive. Im sure we will spend most of the day relaxing and getting settled but Im sure the younger guests will want to hit the town with us :)

Friday May 22: we have a wedding rehearsal at 5pm and then will have the rehearsal dinner with everyone at Lorenzillos in the marina.

Saturday may 23: the big day! Me, My mom, FMIL,FSIL and my "man of honor" will be getting massages, facials, the works. the wedding will be at 530 with the reception dinner following at 730. after Im sure we will be going out to the bars to celebrate.

Sunday may 24: nothing planned just relaxing!

Monday may 25: check out and back to reality!