Kat's Review Dreams Cancun 9-7-8

Kat81

OK, I had some things go totally wrong. I don't want any of you to freak out because Dawn had her wedding right around mine and hers was perfect. I will start off with the review of everything then go into details of the wedding.

American Airlines A- They were soooo great with the dress issue, they let us board with first class and hang the dress in their closet. Made it sooo stressless.

Cancun Transfers A- Our taxi to and from the airport. I found out the night before we left that Bookit didn't book our transportation so at 1am the day we leave we found Cancun Transfers on the net. We booked them for the next day and they showed up on time with a sign with our name on it. The were in a Lincoln Navigator and were there just for us so we got a private transfer. It was only 55 bucks total for both of us to and from the hotel. They were on time picking us up as well. I would totally use them again.

Dreams Cancun A-The rooms aren't that amazing BUT the views make up for it! They are very clean and I think they got cleaned twice a day. We never ran out of towels! The food was to die for and I never got sick of it! The drinks are plentiful and learned quickly to ask for Triple whatever I was ordering for example my favorite drink was the Bahama Mama and I was often heard saying "Another Triple Bahama Mama Por Favor" lol. In fact towards the end of the night it was more like " Anodo Tiple bama mama po fafo" lol Anyway, everyone was great and really act like it is a pleasure taking your order.

I met with Claudia on Thursday when I got to the Hotel. For those of you that don't have the little things like flowers figured out, she can do it with a days notice so don't worry. Claudia informed me that she would be in Detroit at a Wedding Conference of some sort and that Gaby would be in Charge of my wedding (more on that later)

Jeremy Gilliam A++++ - Our photographer was great! We brought him in from Dallas. He was so much fun and became part of our group instantly. I seriously had to MAKE him rest for a while. I keep telling him I am going to hire him for all our vacations now lol. I can't wait to see the shots he got. Everyone loved him and I am 140 percent sure I made the right decision with him!

Pirate Cruise A - At first I was sooo mad about this. They seriously cram you on this boat. I was thinking we were going to have to eat shoulder to shoulder. But they excuse you in groups to go downstairs and eat. The food is AMAZING!! We had so much fun. We did this as our rehearsal dinner. I advise getting there as early as possible as the good seats fill up fast.

Snorkeling trip A+ - There is a little booth out by the lifeguard hut on the beach. They offer a snorkeling trip for 30 bucks piece. It's at a reef about 10 minutes off the beach. It was amazing. We got 8 people to go and they cut us a deal for 25 bucks a piece. Seriously do this if you like to snorkel. I would take a drammamine if I go again though.. The water is rough and I got a bit sea sick.

Swimming with the dolphins A+ - So fun! I only had two other people in the group and we got a ton of time with them. Make sure you have someone take pictures though because the pictures they take are 25 bucks a pop. If you have someone staying in the dolphin view rooms use their balcony to get the best shots.

Now for the wedding day......

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before Claudia was out of town and Gaby was in charge of my wedding......

We woke up around 8 and went to breakfast with everyone. Ryan took off with the boys and I headed back to the room to shower. After showering, the girls and I went to the spa to start getting our hair done. Our appts. were at 1 for our 4 oclock wedding. The spa was so amazing. The girls hair looked SO great. I was really impressed. My hair and makeup looked better than I ever imagined. My hair seriously doesn't hold a curl at all. Mareya (spelling??) did my makeup and hair. She did it perfect. I never did a trial because I didn't want to pay for it not to mention I was enjoying my time too much on the beach to bother with other stuff. Any girl getting their makeup and hair done ther DO NOT worry!! They are all amazing from what I saw. I am SUPER picky about makeup and have NEVER liked what other people do until that day.

After getting our hair done we went up to my friends room (she had a suite) I do reccommend getting a suite to get ready in because the rest of the rooms are not very big at all. Gaby still hadn't got a hold of me at all it was about 3:20 by this point. Our room overlooked the Gazebo and nothing had been set up at all. I got a hold of her finally and she headed up to give us our flowers. Our flowers were beautiful!! Even better than expected. I loved them!! The corsages were supposed to be wrist corsages and they weren't. Which pissed me off a bit because they were pretty bulky and I knew the dresses our moms were wearing wouldn't support them well. Gaby just said oh well and walked out. So, I let it slide and gave them to my Mom and sent her out the door to get seated. 3:45 comes and still nothing is set up. By this point all my guests are there and wondering what is going on. Ryan calls me and is like WTF?! As we are on the phone we see them starting to set up. 4:15 the red carpet is finally being rolled out. Keep in mind the wedding was supposed to have already started. Ryan calls me to tell me Gaby still hasn't called him to tell him to come down. So, I just told him to go ahead and go down. About thirty seconds later she calls me to tell me to head down. They all walk down the aisle. The music goes perfectly but I had a friend with them to make sure. As I am walking down the aisle I realize nobody is videotaping it!!! But what could I do I just put it in the back of my mind and focused on Ryans happy face. The officiant was easy to understand but was so far away from us that we couldn't use the Mic we paid two hundred dollars for. So, nobody heard our vows. It was truely beautiful though!

The Mariachi band was about 15 min late to the cocktail hour and left about ten min early. They were really great though. We walked up to the reception that was supposed to be set up on the terrace. They had it inside which is freakin' hot as hell. All the seating was messed up so Ryan goes Groomzilla takes all the place cards off the table has them move it all outside ( really it was too hot to eat in there so if you have it inside keep that in mind).

Oh and don't pay extra for their centerpieces they are just a glass bowl with sand and a few starfish in them. So, we are all seated waiting for the food and finally they start serving after about 20 min. This whole time I haven't seen Gaby at all to tell her about the Videographer.

After dinner which was good we started the reception. We brought an IPOD and docking station which I reccommend totally. Just make sure your playlists are all put together and everything is in order. The waiters were great about drinks although they did forget to give us the champagne toasts but whatever.

Finally at around 9 Gaby comes back and is on the phone for about thirty minutes finally I walk up to her and confront her about the videographer. I was sooooo pissed about it because my Grandma was too ill to make it and I told everyone not to worry about videoing it because I had paid someone to do it. So there was NO video at all! She just said that wasn't part of your package. I said umm yeah it was. She said well you need to talk to Claudia. Obviously it was a losing battle arguing with her on my wedding night. So, we all decided to end the reception there and head to the lobby around ten. The lobby was a blast. There was a live band and we all danced and partied and everyone that was in the lobby all of a sudden became part of the reception.

Around midnight, we headed back to our room. I fully expected it to be decorated like I had seen on this site. There was no honeymooners sign on the door and our bed was decorated but it was from our bestman and his gf.

When Claudia finally got back on tuesday I had it out with her. She was so mad at Gaby. She reimbursed me for the Videographer which was expected and upgraded our honeymoon package. Although we ended up getting the money back I would have much rather have had the video and I am still SUPER bummed about it. I did feel bad for Claudia though because she had nothing to do with it and she really felt bad.

That night when we went back to our room she had it decorated for us which was a really nice gesture but not quite the same.

I can't really think of much more right now. If you have questions let me know.

A few more things...

Dawn is possibly the coolest chick ever. She is so sweet she brought me all kinds of stuff and even gave me her Bride Bag which by the way came in soooo handy!!! Her and Chris are just great people

I wore a veil and I am SO glad I did. It wasn't very windy for some reason during my wedding. My veil hardly blew as you will be able to see in the pictures.

Def. get a room in the club. It is kind of a long walk to everything but the view is amazing and the beach and the pool are the best!

Having a DW was the best decision I made even though everything was so disorganized. Having the people I love the most with me for 4-7 days was amazing. I LOVED it and wouldn't have traded it for the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
Def. get a room in the club. It is kind of a long walk to everything but the view is amazing and the beach and the pool are the best!

Having a DW was the best decision I made even though everything was so disorganized. Having the people I love the most with me for 4-7 days was amazing. I LOVED it and wouldn't have traded it for the world.
wow kat, i would have gone apeshit over the video AND the mic thing too. i'm so sorry you don't have a video to show grandma! sad.gif

but, you still say you wouldn't have traded it for the world, which means more to me than any other part of your review, positive or negative. so glad to hear it, and that you had a beautiful day. can't wait to see pics!

welcome back and CONGRATS!

p.s. we got a club jr. jacuzzi suite, so i'm stoked!

kathi, doug is sitting here with me and he thinks that sucks so bad about the videographer sad.gif

and i am so sad for you! that totally bites! on the other hand, i am SO glad you loved your photog, those pics will really help :) i'm excited to see them!

congrats mrs! so happy for you!