Photo

TA comission question???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jennabrooks

jennabrooks
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:06 AM

Hi Ladies - We've decided to have a TA help us organize the travel and accommodations and I'm concerned about the price. Originally she quoted us $100 per person and then we said that's too high (she thought she would be doing some wedding coordinating also) so now it's a 10% commission. That sounds normal right off the bat, but the commission for the hotel alone is $75 per person and that's assuming no one upgrades. It ends up totaling just under $5000 commission for the hotel only, I haven't even asked if she's taking a commission on airline tickets yet. Is 10% commission fee the going rate?

#2 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

From what I understand, most TAs do not charge the client a commission.
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 dursula

dursula
      • 75 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

Yeah... I'd perhaps talk with a few other TAs. Typically they make their commission from the hotel/airline end and you don't see THAT (normally none) kind of commission demand from the traveller...

#4 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:43 AM

My TA is not charing us a commission. Her fees come directly from the places we are booking with. She is also helping us do a bit of wedding coordinating. I would continue to look for another TA.

#5 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

I never heard of that. I thought they always got their commission from the airline, resort, hotel.... Our TA got a VERY nice commission off of all our bookings but we paid nothing out of pocket for her services. I would find someone else!! Quickly!
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

i am paid my commission from the hotel or supplier and do not charge the client the commission..

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

You should use of the BDW TAs.

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:27 PM

yep, i didnt pay commission either. she was paid from funjet. but even if i booked funjet myself on their website, id pay the same but funjet keeps the commission part.

#9 jamaica2009bride

jamaica2009bride
                • 123 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

You should consider another TA...As others have already mentioned, most TAs seem to get their commissions from the suppliers/wholesalers/resorts etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users