Sign in to follow this  
jennabrooks

TA comission question???

Hi Ladies - We've decided to have a TA help us organize the travel and accommodations and I'm concerned about the price. Originally she quoted us $100 per person and then we said that's too high (she thought she would be doing some wedding coordinating also) so now it's a 10% commission. That sounds normal right off the bat, but the commission for the hotel alone is $75 per person and that's assuming no one upgrades. It ends up totaling just under $5000 commission for the hotel only, I haven't even asked if she's taking a commission on airline tickets yet. Is 10% commission fee the going rate?

Yeah... I'd perhaps talk with a few other TAs. Typically they make their commission from the hotel/airline end and you don't see THAT (normally none) kind of commission demand from the traveller...

My TA is not charing us a commission. Her fees come directly from the places we are booking with. She is also helping us do a bit of wedding coordinating. I would continue to look for another TA.

I never heard of that. I thought they always got their commission from the airline, resort, hotel.... Our TA got a VERY nice commission off of all our bookings but we paid nothing out of pocket for her services. I would find someone else!! Quickly!

yep, i didnt pay commission either. she was paid from funjet. but even if i booked funjet myself on their website, id pay the same but funjet keeps the commission part.