Photo

Barcelo Maya or Azul Sensatori

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaniellaP

DaniellaP
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

My FI and are having a really hard time choosing between the Barcelo Maya, and the new Azul Sensatori. They are both beautiful resorts, which makes it that much harder to choose.

We would like the reception to be on the beach, or on the roof top at Sensatori. We need it to be affordable for both our guests and ourselves. We are also hoping for something romantic, but still be able to party, since most of our guest are between the ages of 25-35.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!

#2 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
    • Vendor
    • 2,015 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

The best advice I can give you is you can't make everybody happy. Just go with your heart and make sure its what you want. Hopefully most people will love it!
      Good luck.
      Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
      Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
      Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
      Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
      http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#3 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
      • 170 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:57 PM

I was strongly considering Barcelo Maya for my wedding. We ended up going with another resort, but the Barcelo had some great wedding packages! My TA was really pushing for the Azul Sensatori- she said it should be a great option for those who want the elegance of an adults only resort with the flexibility of allowing kids. I think that, depending on what you want, either will be a great fit. Barcelo was more affordable and will have a greater selection of activities and foods, and a drawback for us of the Sensatori was no buffets (my family loves them), but it all depends on what your priorities are! Good luck picking!

#4 MLB410

MLB410
        • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:09 PM

My FI and I stayed at Barcelo for 2 days during our site visit in May. They have an absolutely beautiful location for a beach ceremony located between the Colonial and Tropical. We ended up going with a different resort, but we still talk about that beach! I can't really comment on the nightlife, we were only there for 2 days, but it did seem kind of quiet at night. There is a disco though, so maybe everyone was there!

#5 DaniellaP

DaniellaP
          • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:29 AM

Do you know where I can find a picture of where the ceremony would be?? I've seen a couple pictures, but not many. The pictures I've seen of the beach ceremony were not very good.. I mean, it was really nice, but there was a lot of wood around the edge of the ocean, and I wouldn't want that in the picture..
            I don't know where I was looking, or even if it was the same resort we are looking into... As you can probably tell, I am very lost!! heehee
            Thank you!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users