Photo

Minor Traveling abroad HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

okay - Based off that form you definitaly need a Notary, but I don't see anything that says the same form has to be signed by both parents - it looks like you can have 2 separate documents.
    So if you can get both FI and the mom to the notaries today - and have hers couried express overnight to your house - you are good to go!

#12 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
      Everything I'm reading tells me it needs to be notarized. However, there are notaries everywhere- in places you wouldn't even think of. Where does the ex work? Could there be a notary at her workplace? And Rafael as well?

Still looking for more info...
      Yeah, it def needs to be notarized. I just remembered there is a lady in HR at R's work that is a notary, I passed that info on to him.

#13 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
      • 554 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Okay disregard my last email - apparantly I'm to slow on the post

It will work out Christa - don't worry. And don't worry about this - this is just one small glich on the way - and there always has be one small/big glich.
        You will be over this shortly - and there is nothing standing between you, Mexico and a fantastic wedding - just hang in there until this 'shortly' is over

#14 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
          Thanks Sarah. I've got the form, the prob is getting it signed & notarized & in hand in time for the flight tomorrow.

As we speak, FI is awaiting a call back from his ex. At the very least, he needs to fill out the form & have it notarized & get her to do the same & fax it. We totally don't have time to get her original. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

I swear, I just want to kill FI right now! How could he noth have thought of this & taken care of it?? I am so angry and sad and frustrated right now!!

thanks for all the support & help ladies. How could I think things could be calm, cool & collected at this point? Oh yeah, cuz i'm organized & on top of MY STUFF!
          I called my friend and she said she didn't think you need the original since she had hers faxed, since it looks like that's all you can do right now, we'll just keep our fingers crossed.

It always seems like something like this happens at the last second. Hang in there, keep breathing (sorry, don't know if that's helpful at all at this point), it will be OK. You are on top of YOUR STUFF- too bad FI isn't! But, that's why he has you and that's why this will all work out. I feel like Tony Little...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

#15 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:01 PM

I keep thinking about the dog whisperer "calm & assertive, calm & assertive"!

#16 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

lol, cute

It WILL be ok...

#17 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

any bank will have a notary. and they might even have one at the airport - i'd think so.

#18 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
                • 554 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
                  I keep thinking about the dog whisperer "calm & assertive, calm & assertive"!
                  That cracks me up!! But I have a feeling when it is my time - that is exactly what is going to be running through my head to! LOL

#19 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

christa,

i posted the doc in the travel forum but if you can't find it, email me and i will send it to you.

admin@bestdestinationwedding.com

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#20 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,403 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:22 PM

Ladies - what's done is done. My poor FI feels like a complete ass for forgetting about all of this, and of course feels inferior to me cuz I'm so SMART! Just kidding....anyway, we were able to get his ex wife to fill out the consent & get it notarized & faxed to us. That's the best we can do today,. So, my mother is armed with Richards passport & two signed and notarized affitdavits. They get there first tomorrow, god willing!

Again, thanks for all of your help & support. I knew I could count on my BDW ladies to come thru with info & support. Jennette & Sarah, you girls are DA BOMB!

Next time we chat, I will be OFFICIALLY MARRIED!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users