FI's dad trying to get him LAID before the wedding!!!

*Casey*

I am so distraught by this.

Back Story:

FI's mom and dad had a really messy divorce when he was about 3. So bad that Stu's mom had to take Stu when his dad was at work and made a run for it. He used Stu during most of his childhood to manipulate his mom. He is just a terrible terrible man. Stu and his dad have an ok relationship consisting of his dad taking him to Vegas once a year. Anyway, this guy has never remarried and goes to Thailand, where he bought a condo, every few months for a few weeks and usually brings a Thai woman back with him for reasons i think you can figure out.

The Story:

So Stu called him last night to talk about him helping out with the rehearsal dinner. As they were chatting, his dad started talking to him about all these women he had slept with on his most recent trip to "sexland". He suggested that Stu go with him next time to "get some" before the wedding!!!! wtf.gifhuh.gif? I'm so pissed off at him right now. Can you believe how terrible this guy is? He is so slimy! I think since he has never remarried and goes home to a big empty lonely house, and he must just be jealous that we are in love, and have a wonderful life together. I just can't imagine a dad trying to sabotage his sons happiness and ruin his relationship by suggesting to buy him some Thai Call Girl! I just thank GOD that Stu was raised by such a wonderful and sweet man like his step dad. I asked him what he said when his dad mentioned this, and he just told him that he had a bunch of trips coming up and couldn't make it. Should I be mad that he didn't go off on him and tell him how ridiculous that ishuh.gif He's not one for confrontation, but seriously... It's RIDICULOUS!!! At this point, I don't even want him there!!! I still can't get over this!!! voodoo.gif

I am STEAMING! I kind of want to vent to my mom about it, but that would just make her hate Stu's dad even more, which is not good for anyone. So I had to vent somewhere. Thanks for listening...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

H O L Y F R E A K I N C R A P!!!! Are you kidding me?? I would be PISSED!! What a terrible dad to want his son to cheat on his soon to be wife. What an ass! I would definitely say something to his mom. I would just being it up in conversation and be like, can you believe that crap!

Oh my god! Good to see a father instilling good values in his children /sarcasm.

You are perfectly justified in being livid, but maybe not with your FI. If he's anything like mine, he just isn't confrontational (I know if someone said that to me, I'd be furious!)

I thought about that, but I'm just afraid to stir things up. When Stu saw my reaction, he said that he probably just shouldn't have said anything to me about it. So if I go off and make a huge deal about it, I'm scared that it'll hinder him from opening up in the future and telling me things like this. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Case... best to vent to us, not your mom. Mom's don't forget and that could lead to some wedding day drama that you don't need!

What an idiot! Your Fi probably was in shock that he would even ask... and saying that he "couldn't make it" was all he could come up with on the spot. The fact that he told you right away lets you know that he thinks it is crazy too... so I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the Dad... get a frickin' life, right? How many diseases... never mind. Be mad, but don't lose any sleep over it. He obviously isn't. Loser.

That is insane.

I could imagine how you feel. I would have went off on him but since he doesn't like confrontation maybe he just said that to brush him off andd not go into discussion about it. But if his dad ask him again then I would hope he would at least let him know how he feels about it. I think later on he needs to let him know it ain't that kind of party and he should at least have respect for both of you.

He HAS to understand why you are upset! What a slime ball dad! I think the rough part is going to be seeing his dad at the wedding... best of luck... but don't worry, if you love Stu and trust him, and it really sounds like he is the same if he told you the truth about this whole thing, then don't worry... but JEEZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.com View Post
Case... best to vent to us, not your mom. Mom's don't forget and that could lead to some wedding day drama that you don't need!

What an idiot! Your Fi probably was in shock that he would even ask... and saying that he "couldn't make it" was all he could come up with on the spot. The fact that he told you right away lets you know that he thinks it is crazy too... so I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the Dad... get a frickin' life, right? How many diseases... never mind. Be mad, but don't lose any sleep over it. He obviously isn't. Loser.
WOW... I would say that Kate is definately on the ball on this one!

I think she is totally right that your mom is not the one to mention this to... I agree that you wouldn't want the shitfan.gif .....

Furthermore I definately agree that your FI was probably shocked and appalled by the suggestion... and was really working on the spot to come up with something. wowzers!

That is just crazy.

Is your future (S&M.gif) father in law going to the wedding...huh.gif

I know!!! I'm afraid after a glass of wine or 2 at the rehearsal dinner, I might punch him out!

Oh yea... and his dad is wealthy but not by working for it. It's all inheritance and owns a chain of thrift stores in TX. On their last trip to Vegas last May his dad was trying to talk him into getting me to sign a PRE-NUP!