Photo

ROR...beach...sandfleas?????

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 m_willis22

m_willis22
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

What is this all about? I have heard several people mention that the beach reception comes with sandfleas. I really wanted to have my reception at the beach (we are having dinner at the Plantation restaurant), but I am not willing to deal with sandfleas. Has anyone had their reception there and what was your experience?

#2 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
    • 302 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:20 AM

I think it all depends on the month...I have heard ppl complain about sandfleas in one month, and then someone disagree about having them another month...i forget which months are worse!! lol...i know this happened to me in Cuba.. I went to the same resort twice..once in February and the sand fleas were horrible and then again the next year in March/April and there were none at all....

#3 albertabride

albertabride
      • 78 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

Has anyone gone in January and had the Sandflea problem, I don't want to have the reception there, if the bugs will be "bugging" us!
        [FONT="Century Gothic"]

#4 ashley9078

ashley9078
        • 92 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:01 PM

oh this makes me nervous about having my after party there! What are snad fleas just little biting bugs? think they will be there in July?? it Think I will check into the poolside party a little more!!

#5 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
          • 215 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

We were there in May and didn't have a problem with sand fleas. We didn't have a beach reception but we were down on the beach a few nights. Ants on the other hand... make sure you don't leave any food lying around!

#6 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:17 AM

we were there in April and had no issues with fleas, in fact i don't recall hearing any mention of them until June/July.
              See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#7 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
              • 933 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

i was a may bride, had my reception on the beach. no bugs, no problems. best decision i made! was awesome!
                My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#8 syl1115

syl1115
                • 789 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ashley9078
                  oh this makes me nervous about having my after party there! What are snad fleas just little biting bugs? think they will be there in July?? it Think I will check into the poolside party a little more!!
                  I went to Key West in October and was on the beach. You can't see them, but they bit the crap out of me. I was itching for two days. Mostly on my legs.
                  Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users