Budget for Pics? Or not?

The most expensive thing in our wedding is the photography. My parents are paying for the wedding package but that is the cheapest part of the wedding. At first when FI found out about the cost of the pics, he flipped out but when it came time for him to sign the contract, he was fine with it. I explained to him about getting a photographer and what was included in the price and compared it to what our other options were, and he realized then that it wasn't so bad.

I say that if you have the $$, go for it, because like others have said, down the road, the pics will be all you have left to remind you of your special day.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some research and got a recommendation from another DW bride for a photographer who was willing to work for the cost of travel (he has since started charging, so that deal is gone). To me- its worth it to get great pictures. I want to be able to look back in 20 years and remember how gorgeous the day was- that is part of why we are doing the DW in paradise, so why not get great pictures! I would go with a photographer you love, if you can afford to. I would have loved to go with Del Sol, but its beyond our means, so if you can get one of their associates, I say go for it!!

I agree with everyone! What does it matter if you pick the perfect flowers, cake or dress if you have crapy pictures that don't capture their beauty. I wa lucky to find a great photographer and that is by far the best part of my wedding... well besides marrying my honeypinkie.gif! He was like another guest at our wedding and captured moments that I didn't realize he had seen. My wedding was the BEST day of my life and i have the pictures to prove it. I highly recomend my photog his name is Fer Juaristi and he lives in Nuevo Leon Mexico and is willing to travel.

Here is my slide show in case you are still looking for a reasonably priced photog http://ferjuaristiproofs.com/darkroo...=veronica.evan and his website is FerJuaristi Photographer, Fotografo en Monterrey, N.L con cobertura nacional e internacional. Destination Wedding Photographer.

Good luck! Just remember, your photos will not be a waste of money.

We originally budgeted about $2000 for photography for Claudia Rodriguez. But then we decided we wanted to bring our photographer from home and we're looking at over $4,000 now! It might be a lot, but we love her and her pictures. And photography is very important to me, so I think it's money well spent.

So, go with your heart. If you want amazing pictures- splurge.

Well I will be booking tomorrow!! Well at least the deposit! I am excited and your right about them being important. My FI agrees but he knows this is what really would make me happy! I can afford it but wow its a lot of money and I am about as tight as they come! I count every dollar down to every penny! but this will be one part of the planning that is done! I don't even really have a budget I just want to make it as cheap as I can and still have a wonderful time. Thank you to all that have posted! I think its good to hear why others chose a great photographer. I hate having my pic taken! Not sure why I just hate fake smiles! lol So I hope with a great photographer they can bring out the real smile in me!!! smile159:

• VIP Member

I think it's wonderful that you've decided to splurge on the photographer! You won't regret it!

Also, the great photographer won't make your real smile come out... being married to the love of your life in the most beautiful place imaginable will make the true smile come out!

Well I did it! The deposit is done and I feel so much better! I really don't think I would have been happy going with my second choice. My FI and I talked today and hes not worried about the money! Hes like we can easily make it work and we will have these the rest of our lives! So were on board so I guess I better get looking for my dresshuh.gif Well after our short little vacation to Jamaica maybe then I will start. thank everyone for helping me to decide it was the right thing for us to do!! I knew deep down I just needed all these great reminders! thanks so much!!relief.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with all the girls!!! i asked the same questions re: resort photographer and i kept going back and forth with this!! but someone said to me in another post to cut out the photographer in the ultimate package and take the credit and add it to something else. so thats what im doing! the pics will stay with you and you will pass it down to your children and there children!