Crinolin or Hoop Skirt??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twotees1218

• 44 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

My dress is a form fitting, dropped waist, with the option for either a full or flowing skirt. I like the skirt to be slightly full, but not too big - somewhere in the middle!!

I have tried both a crinolin and hoop skirt and can't decide.
    The crinolin gives a better shape, but is soooo heavy and I'm worried about overheating under all those layers. I loved the built-in AC of the hoop skirt, but it gave a slight 'tulip' shape to the dress. And I seemed to trip over it a little while walking.

The dress is a Maggie Sottero - Rhianna Royale:

Rhianna Royale - by Maggie Sottero

Any advice?

#2 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

I am having a crinoline under my dress. Although it is heavier, I am not too worried about over heating, since I found the evenings to cool down compared to the days, and that will be when I am going to be dancing and probably getting warm.

If you prefer the look of the crinoline and you keep tripping on the hoop skirt, I would go with the crinoline.
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#3 JayBee

• 238 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

I luv the dress! Personally, I'm also thinking about how I'm going to travel with my wedding gown. I actually read a suggestion that was buying an extra seat on the plane for your dress! How do you pack a hoop skirt? It can be flattened, right? If so, I'd probably opt for the hoop skirt, and just practice walking in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users