Sign in to follow this  
BlissfulMsMiranda

Masculine OOT bag contents

This is somewhat off topic (Sorry)..But Quick Question....Are you girls making OOT bags per couple/Room or person?? I was thinking Per person..But I'm not sure...What do you think?

I think different things for differnet people is fine.

I really don't think any of my guests compared notes as to what they got, especially the guys.

Most people do one bag per room for couples and an individual bag for singles, even if they are in the same room.

It is an item for individuals, like a t-shirt or koozie, you put 2 in the bag for the couples.

We probabably have 100 OOT threads. Seach OOT in titles and you'll get a ton of results/info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
I had 3 single guys.

For all of my guests I used disposable gift bags in my colors as OOT bags. Most people had beach bags and to get nice Adidas ones that the guys would carry wouldn't have been cost effective.

For contents I did sunscreen, first aid/hangover kit, golf balls, disposable camera (underwater would be awesome!) condoms (mainly as a joke), and some travel size man-scaping products (shave gel, body spray, etc).

I wanted to find a cool bottle opener but ran out of time. You could also try to find drink koozies. I don't think the boys used most of the stuff, so contents probably isn't that important.

I LOVE the word "Manscaping"! Every time i hear or see it, i giggle. I just picture my FI who grows a beard in the winter - using a mini lawn mower or hedge trimmers... anyway, that's probably just me!rofl.gif

Back on topic - I have seen some soft side coolers with speakers that you can plug your MP3 into that might be cool. Depends on how much you want to spend, because i think i recall them not being too cheap! I agree w/ the koozies and bottle openers. Maybe some "manly" SPF lipbalm, because i know i have to buy it for FI, otherwise he has sunburned scaly lips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfulMsMiranda View Post
Just wondering if you girls have come across the dilemma of packing, or putting together an OOT bag for a guy who's attending alone? I didn't even pick up a bag for him because, let's be honest; no self-respecting guy is going to skip down to the ocean with a canvas tote bag ... at least I hope not. :)

Sooo ... what have you, the experts, done in this situation? I was trying to think of something manly to put the items in ... I don't just want to hand him the items in my hands. LOL

Thanks in advance ladies!!
Miranda,

I have the exact same problem!!! I am using beach straw bags for my OOT but we have about 5 single guys coming. I have been looking for manly totes but haven't been successful. The cooler idea is good but I really don't want to spend more money on it than I did on the straw bags so that puts me at $3 tops. Most of my items in my OOT are for either sex so I am using the same items. Let me know if you find something.

Well I have some single guys coming but I'm just giving them the totes I bought for all the OOT bags.

Inside of them I'm giving: poker chips, playing cards, first-aid kit, gum, hand sanitizer, tylenol/advil, immodium and pepto bismal, pen, sticky notes, SPF 15 Blistex lip balm, and sun screen.

Bottle openers are a good idea though! Maybe I should add that.. hmm

I think it's fine to give a single male guest something different. My FI may have his BF come to the wedding, he's single and I will probably get him a few different things. I may use the same type of bag as my other guests- he can use it for groceries or something.