Photo

My kitty passed away on the last day of our honeymoon.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

We got the call from my parents the day we flew home. We feel so guilty that she was all alone when she passed. We knew she wasn't going to be with us forever (she turned 21 in April), but it's still hard. I've had her since I was 11! Every day I keep expecting her to beg for food.

This was taken in July after our shower. Damn cat probably wanted us to leave her alone already. Aw, baby.....
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 sunset78

sunset78
    • 1,280 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

Oh no, that's so sad.

It is really difficult when a pets passes away. They really are family members.

**big hugs**

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

I am soooo sorry!

#4 julesDW2009

julesDW2009
        • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:32 PM

Im so sorry! She was absolutely beautiful!

#5 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
          • 1,236 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by azhuskergirl
            We got the call from my parents the day we flew home. We feel so guilty that she was all alone when she passed. We knew she wasn't going to be with us forever (she turned 21 in April), but it's still hard. I've had her since I was 11! Every day I keep expecting her to beg for food.

This was taken in July after our shower. Damn cat probably wanted us to leave her alone already. Aw, baby.....
            Click the image to open in full size.
            I am so sorry for your loss :-( She is beautiful!
            But Wow..21 That is really great...You should be proud of yourself for
            taking such fabulous care of her that allowed her to live such a full life!
            Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
            My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#6 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
            • LocationUtah

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

I'm so sorry Susan. It's never easy losing a loved one let alone a pet. 21 years old! She must have had plenty of good memories throughout the years.... I hope it gets easier every day for you. That's a really cute photo. awwwww

#7 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
              I am so sorry for your loss :-( She is beautiful!
              But Wow..21 That is really great...You should be proud of yourself for
              taking such fabulous care of her that allowed her to live such a full life!
              I know. My head knows that, but my heart still aches. I know I had her for so much longer than I should have & am so grateful for that time. We'll probably be getting a couple of kittens soon. She didn't get along with other cats, so she was an only cat once I moved out of my parents' home.

#8 Banana11

Banana11
              • VIP Member
              • 8,841 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby! Sounds like she had a great life at 21 years old!

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

Oh I'm so sorry. I think that's the downside of owning pets- they will most likely never outlive us so at some point, we have to deal with that loss. It scares me all the time when I think about my little doggie. She is my baby, so I know your cat must have been yours too.

I know it's not easy and sometimes others don't get it, but I do. It's not silly to grieve something that you have loved for 21 years.
                  Happily married since 2008

#10 MissyR

MissyR
                  • 1,210 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

Sooo sorry to hear about your kitty. I know how hard it can be. 21 years of memories will always be there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users