Blockbuster Group

Jacqueline

So, we finally watched Smart People last night and we are going to have to go against the grain and say we liked it! You really do have to pay attention, there were so many little things that if you blink you'll miss (FI caught a lot of them thank goodness, lol) but all in all it was pretty funny in an odd sort of way. We watched it all the way through without falling asleep which is saying something lately (ok so I did fall asleep the last 5 mins but made FI rewind it so I could finish it! haha). I like the colors in it. (I'm weird like that, I always notice the colors that movies are shot in)

We also broke down and watched What happens in Vegas this weekend. Completely what my sister and bro-in-law said it was - sorta funny but totally predictable. If you're looking for something to simply veg out on, not too bad of a choice... I do think they could have done better with the choices for actors, but hey... wink.gif

So now I guess we need to pick 2 more! Will be back with the results pinkie.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I agree it looks boring. The thought of a movie with little to no talking doesn't appeal to me. I'm a child that grew up with MTV- I need stimulation. LOL

I know this is for "rentals" but we watched Tropic Thunder this weekend- his choice, not mine. I hated it- it was gory and not really funny. I kept saying "is it nearly over?" I then had to go to the concessions and buy some candy to keep me entertained. LOL- just not my type of movie I guess since I've heard a lot of people say it was funny.

I did also see The Women with some friends. Total cute chick flick movie. Kinda has that Sex in the City vibe without all the sex. :)
I saw The Women on Sunday - it was kinda cool how there was not a SINGLE male in the whole movie! Interesting. It was a cute movie.

I know- and what's funny is that I didn't pick up on that until I was on the way home. I kept thinking "who's her husband?" But he never made an appearance. I don't think they even had any extras as males- a complete woman's world. I like that...hehe.

As for rentals, we just watched Drillbit Taylor. I thought it was cute and I like Owen Wilson- he's got such a charming sense of humor. :)

We also watched Vantage Point. i don't know if I'm in left field with this, but I was really impatient. They showed the entire movie from every characters POV. I was getting so bored and impatient- it was like OK WE GET IT ALREADY. This could be my ADD talking since both my sister and DH were satisfied. I, on the other hand, was like- move on already. The last 30 mins was the best.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
omg all i have to say is i watched the strangers last night and WTF! i was seriously on my toes the entire time. i said "omg wtf, wtf, omg" during the whole movie.
Mike and I just watched The Strangers last night too. It scared the crap out of me. It was supposedly based on a true story, but Mike tried googling murder and the date it supposedly happened and nothing came up.

the "based on" crap is always tricky. I remember when the Chainsaw Massacre freaked me out- like I literally cried. I'm a sissy though. I googled it and found out that it was "based on" a story of a guy that dug up graves and used peoples skin/body parts to make lamp shades or other weird stuff. Still sick- but it wasn't a guy running around with a chainsaw that cut up people. LOL

• 3 months later...

bump.gifbump.gif

we just saw taken (in the theaters) and it was pretty good. very suspenseful and i love liam neeson.

as for rentals, righteous kill with deniro and pacino was good.. but it was just kind of your basic cop thriller. and tropic thunder.. am i the only one that didn't dig it? the best part was the very end with tom cruise dancing.

My fiance and I are crazy movie watchers...we see like 3 to 4 a week

Body of Lies really liked this movie kept me on my toes the whole time

Lakeview Terrace had a couple few twists but was really predictable

Blindness that movie was just completely messed up, don't reccomend!!

Death Race was actually surprisingly entertaining but gory in parts