A major loss for family

S2BLennon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim we are all here for you so you can rest assured you will have lots of support.I know how it feels to have to be strong for everyone else it happens all the time with me.Honestly i look at photos on here or poems that you girls have written and im in tear.Im sure your family really appreciate everything you do and say to make things easier for them its a gift, smile that you are special and then howl loudly. life often treats us unfairly, it shapes us into nicer human beings if we use it positivly.Smile at all the happy memories and feel proud that people are helped by your presence.Take care,and sound off to us all. sending you huge hugs and squezzes.mariaxxx

That is just so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss and I can't imagine how sad you must be right now. It's so hard to feel like you have to be strong for everyone else. I just went through my best friend's father passing away (within a week of us knowing he was sick) and she didn't even want to see us because she didn't want to break down.

Know that it's ok to be sad and let your guard down. You need to grieve too.

grouphug.gif

Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your situation right now. Just know that you are allowed to be upset and grieve, and I am sure your aunt would want you to celebrate her life as well. There is nothing to make these times easy, but I am praying for you to be strong. If you ever need anything at all or just to talk to someone, PM me and I always have my phone on...

Girls... All I have to say is Thank you . sometimes words can't express how far the feeling of a warm feeling an simple "I'm sorry" can go.

You are all so fantastic. i don't even know any of you if I were to bump into you on the street but it is amazing that I feel like I can come here and find support. You have all been so kind.

Tonight was the wake and it was so sad but amazing in a way. So many of my family were sad and hugged me saying that we have to stop meeting like this and that they can't wait for our wedding so that we have a reason for a joyous occasion to attend to rather than a sad one. that made me feel good.

On the other hand it is soooo difficult to see a grown man, especially your father, break down into tears. Sometimes you just don't know what to do.

Burying my Aunt on of all days 9-11 will be hard, and I feel blessed to see that I have a very large family that can find support in each other. Although it makes me open my eyes and see that i have to stop living this life in a rat race and to stop and smell the roses. Shame that situations like these make us realize this.

My FI doesn't know what to say / do. He has been so supportive yet he feels so awkward... She was just way too young... I think of loosing one of my parents now and I can't imagine.

Again thank you - and I know that she is with my grandmother and she is an angel for all of us.

Kim I'm so sorry to hear that has happened to your family...it must be such a shock when you are not expecting somethign to go that way. I lost my mom when she was only 55......and like your aunt at 59 - that is just way too young to pass. You are in my thoughts this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Kim I'm so sorry to hear that has happened to your family...it must be such a shock when you are not expecting somethign to go that way. I lost my mom when she was only 55......and like your aunt at 59 - that is just way too young to pass. You are in my thoughts this evening.
My heart goes to you also - that must have been so hard. What got you through it? Mentally how did you do it?