Lenita's Moon Palace Wedding Review

Hi everyone,

I've been extremely busy since I've returned, but I wanted to write my review while things are fresh in my mind. We had a ball in Mexico! All of our guests keep thanking us for having it there. They seem to have had just as much fun as we did. Let me start with the pictures.

Lenita & Andre

Photography: Jill Higgins and Josie Martin (Charleston Wedding Photography by Jill Higgins - Childrens Portrait Photographers)

Jill and Josie did an amazing job on our photography! We love our pictures. It captured everything we'd hoped. We met them the day before to do a get to know you shoot. They were really nice and funny! The morning of my wedding, they met me at 8:00 am to take pictures of me getting my hair and make-up done. They were full of personality to keep me calm and laughing on what could be a stressful day. Once things got rolling I forgot they were there, but the pictures reveal that they didn't miss a thing!

Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort:

We were pleased with the resort. The rooms were clean and the service was great. However, the resort is so big we didn't get a chance to see everything. We stayed on the Nizuc side and never made it to the Sunrise side. The restaurants that we tried were all good. My favorite was El Manglar which is the Italian restuarant. A couple of people also recommended the other Italian restuarant by the golf course but we never made it.

We chose the "free" package and purchased add-ons once we were at the resort. Upon arrival, we received a welcome letter from our wedding coordinator, Carolina, informing us of our meeting with her the next morning. She was well organized and I soon realized that I stressed for nothing. Everything was taken care of. We did the civil ceremony which lasted about 5 minutes and then my cousin who is a minister took over for the religious ceremony. Before I get ahead of myself, I would have to recommend the horse and carraige. I loved it! They had everything timed perfectly. We went riding and when we came around the corner where the gazebo was all I heard was "Awww" from our guests and flashes from the cameras. My father rode with me in the carraige.

Immediately after the ceremony while we were taking pictures, the cocktail hour began with the Mariachi band. We had it in the garden area near the gazebo and everything was set up beautifully. Next we moved to the private dinner reception held in the Laud ballroom. We had a DJ, but this is where I would have saved some money. We didn't need it. The sound system is great, so we had our iPods and one of our friends acted as the MC. For those who are getting married at Moon Palace, you may want to assign someone the tasks of hosting and MC. Once Carolina had the DJ announce us and passed out our favors, we didn't see her again. My friends took over and kept things going (announced first dance, garter toss, cake cutting, etc.).

Videography: We used the resort's videographer. We upgraded to the DVD and it turned out nice. They use your ceremony music on the DVD, which is a nice touch.

Ceremony music: I made a list of music to be used during the ceremony and gave it to Carolina during our meeting. I've attached our wedding songs just in case anyone is interested.

Flowers: They will give you a book of flowers and centerpieces to choose from. I was so nervous about not liking my flowers that I decided to use fake flowers. They looked, felt and even smelt real. This saved us some money. However, it was a real pain traveling with them. The centerpieces were real and were provided by the resort.

Cake: The cake came from the resort as well. I emailed Carolina a picture of what I wanted and they were able to create it. It looked good, but didn't taste that great. The only time I ate it was during the cutting of it.

Salon services: The day before I had my nails done and the day of I had my hair and make-up done. I took a picture with me, but after I realized how windy it was I ended up having to pick a picture out of the book. This was what I was most nervous about. I even had Josie (the photographer) translate some questions that I had for the stylist. He didn't speak much english, but knew what he was doing. I was happy with the way both my hair and make-up turned out.

Welcome bags: I think I'm the only lazy person on this forum...lazy enough to order our bags. We ordered them from Swell Sweets (www.swellsweets.com). I told them how much I wanted to spend per bag and they presented some options. They were really easy to work with and they arrived early. I posted a picture in another thread, but would be happy to share if anyone wanted to see.

Shoes: I love my shoes because they were custom made by my friend Candra of Artyce Designs (www.artycedesigns.com). I posted a picture of my shoe in another thread as well. When I began designing my shoe, I didn't know what I wanted, but that soon changed. I enjoyed working with her and I loved the end result. They were comfortable too. I kept them on the entire time.

OK, I think that's about it. I am a huge fan of destination weddings and couldn't be happier with the way things turned out. Hopefully, someone will find this review helpful. I know I probably forgot something, so if anyone has any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Wedding Songs.doc

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow - Lenita - beautiful, stunning, I don't know what else to say! everything turned out so beautiful and perfect! was it everything you had hoped?

congratulations on marrying the man of your dreams!

i love the ticker ... Just Married. How sweet!

awesome! congrats to you both lenita. i wish you the best. your wedding looked beautiful and such a celebration.

so were all wanting to know - what did andre really think of the BD pics? did he freak? was he totally surprised? and what was the one that made him make that funny face, the last in the series that jill posted?

Yes - the wedding was everything I'd hoped for. I couldn't be happier.

Leigh - As you can see from Andre's reaction. He LOVED the pics. The surprised look on his face was the topless photos (it was more than 1 on the page). The first couple of pictures were ones with his basketball jersey or just "pretty" pictures. Then, it turned into the "sexy" pictures which is why he looked so funny and shocked. I'm constantly looking at his pictures and laughing at his reaction. I'm going to show him the others to see if I picked the ones that he would have. But he was more than happy especially after finding out that you took the pictures (although he still thinks I'm crazy for being so comfortable with people I met online).

when you put it that way - we all sound crazy! but if you would have asked me if i'd get 90% naked in front of strangers i met online and let one of them take pictures, you're right, i would have said no way!

i am so happy for you two! since you didn't live together before, where did you move to?

That has been the biggest headache. He's moving into my condo until we can save for a downpayment. We don't have enough space though. I'm been trying to clean out closets and drawers to give him some room to move in. Luckily, he doesn't have to be completely out of his place until the end of the month, so he's slowly bringing things over and is trying to sell his furniture (bachelor stuff that I refuse to have). We need a place quick!

Do you know of a good charity that I could donate some clothes and coats? I may just take it to the Salvation Army or something. Someone also suggested those consignment places that will pay you a percentage of what they get for selling it. Have you used anything like that? I have 2 boxed and about 5 bags full of stuff that I'm going to toss or give away.

Congratulations Lenita- I breezed through your review since I'm running out the door to go to work. I'll have to read it more thoroughly later. However, that said- it sounds like everything was great. Your pics are awesome, everything looks gorgeous and you and Andre look so happy. You were an absolutely radiant bride and I couldn't be happier for you, you're such a sweetie.

I loved Andre's reaction and can only hope that I get something similar out of Jeff. It was a blast doing the bpics with you, Ann & Leigh- I know it's a crazy story, but one I think will be fun to tell in the future...

Make sure you stop back every once in a while:)

I've never sold it to a consignment shop - but have always wanted to try that for some things. When I moved to Chicago I had this charity that picked up donations come and get a bunch of stuff - I think it was the Lupus foundtaion - but I just liked that they came and got it!

I donated a couple small bags of clothes to a womens shelter in Chicago - it was on Grand Ave, not too far west of Noble. I asked about mens stuff too - and they said they have a partner shelter for the men, and they could bring it over there.

That's typically how I donated things. Paul did donate to the Salvation Army recently - there was one downtown I think, or close.

Let me know if you want any more info.!