Dollar Dance? Heard of it?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 peterpanpixiedust

• 656 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

Wow, I guess my family is lower key, or broke...haha. We literally just do dollars (one $1 bill..hahah). You ladies can feel free to throw some of your guests my way.
    You know, after living through my best friends wedding and what is proper and not, I am so over the tacky thing. There seems to always be people who think something you do is tacky. You can try your best, but you'll never please everybody. It will be a part of your memories forever, so yes, take everyone into consideration, and then do what you think is best and can live with. Especially if it's part of your family or heritage, do it! You know at least they will have fun with it. The bystanders who think it's improper do not have to do it. I always have so much on my mind, so when I am at a wedding, I don't have time to be analyzing their etiquette. I'm too busy having fun.

I do agree with most of you.... no dollar dance at a DW (I think the hotel staff needs those singles more than we do), but I would still like to do the apron/veil dance, because of my culture. I want to make the # of babies on my apron :-D

#82 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

I've never seen this or even heard of this before! And I've been to my share of weddings. Wierd....

#83 blckrevpower

• 572 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:15 PM

Seems like fun!
        Would like to do it, but not be well received by all of the guests.. .
        "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#84 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

This is something we don't know if we are doing, but have definitely heard of it! My FI insists its a French thing... hahaha but he's French!
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users