Dollar Dance? Heard of it?

I've been to a Mexican-Armenian wedding where the Mexican side pinned the money on the B&G to dance with them during the "dollar dance" and the Armenian side would walk around the couple multiple times throughout the night and throw/shower the money over the couple... (I'm now wishing I was Armenian or married one, lol.)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel View Post
Really? Even a TTD? Closed minded old biddies. Glad we have this forum and everyone is so nice. :)
hehe that made me laugh :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesslove View Post
It's a tradition in our family to have a DD, and I always thought they were fun. So do guests. I get so sick of people saying how trashy and tacky it is. It's about havinf fun. People need to loosen up! I doubt we'll have on at our DW since people are already spending a lot of money to come.
I agree, plus you don't have to participate. I've been to weddings where I barely knew the groom and didn't want to dance with him and make small talk for a minute, so I just didn't.

I also was at a wedding once where the grandma of the bride stuffed a wad of cash into the groom's crotch...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaG View Post
We don't do the dollar dance, but most weddings I have ever been to the bride gets kidnapped and the guest are asked to donate $$ for the randsom to get her back. The $ is usually collected by the BM in a cowboy boot. As for dances with the bride and groom, the bride gets the song, 'I knew the bride when she used to rock n roll' and the groom gets 'I'm to sexy' and usually gets slightly stripped down by all the women dancing around him.
That sounds fun :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I've been to a Mexican-Armenian wedding where the Mexican side pinned the money on the B&G to dance with them during the "dollar dance" and the Armenian side would walk around the couple multiple times throughout the night and throw/shower the money over the couple... (I'm now wishing I was Armenian or married one, lol.)
Now that's cool!

LOL, this is funny. I think it's one of those to each his own things... but it was a good time! Some people like doing certain traditional things, and as long as everyone is having fun, esp. the bride and groom, then go for it! I told my PA friends that if we had one, my fam and friends would be like, is this a strip tease? dollar dance? Hehe, but I thought it was a great time.... even though I didn't see that there was a line and my Jersey booty cut right in front of everyone and handed over a $5 for a quick dance! LOL....

These things are not tacky... my friends tried to tell me no electirc slide and was like "HECK YEAH! Boogie woogie woogie!"cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
LOL, this is funny. I think it's one of those to each his own things... but it was a good time! Some people like doing certain traditional things, and as long as everyone is having fun, esp. the bride and groom, then go for it! I told my PA friends that if we had one, my fam and friends would be like, is this a strip tease? dollar dance? Hehe, but I thought it was a great time.... even though I didn't see that there was a line and my Jersey booty cut right in front of everyone and handed over a $5 for a quick dance! LOL....

These things are not tacky... my friends tried to tell me no electirc slide and was like "HECK YEAH! Boogie woogie woogie!"cheer2.gif
yeah everyone has things they like that others think are tacky. When i go to a wedding I want to dance to all the silly stuff. I want to do the macarena. there better be some baby got back. maybe a little YMCA.

one man's tacky is another man's good time :)

I have seen this done where you pin it to the bride's dress (no way would I allow pins in my dress in fear of ruining it!) and where the bride carries a basket. They seem to raise a lot of money. For us we will not be doing this. Our guests are already spending a fortune to come down and many are still adamant about buying us a gift even though we have requested no gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
OMG, I want to get a T-shirt with this on it... just for fun...lol!
I only found these quotes. hmm, maybe I just started something.

One man's "tacky" is another man's tasteful.
one man's tacky is another man's marketing ploy

on bdw they call me senorita tacky

if you make the shirt it has to be TACKY. tie die, fringe, puff paint, the works :)

• 4 months later...

I think it's great! My uncle started it for my sister's wedding (he gave her a few hundres bucks!) but then he got everyone in the place to dance with her and she made a sh*% load of cash too! It's alot of fun and great for pictures cause she got to dance with everyone! Why not?!