Photo

Dollar Dance? Heard of it?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#11 cendcar

cendcar
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

Yup, all the wedding I have gone to have the Dollar Dance. My mom asked if we are going to do this but there is no way I can ask my guests to pay to come a thousand miles to see my get married and then pay to have a dance with me.

If I was having the wedding at home, I would probably end up doing it though, my whole family would expect it.

We pin the money on the bride and groom.

#12 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

I have never been to a wedding without a dollar dance. LOL! Must be a total Cali thing too.

We are not going to do it, since our guests spent so much money to come to our wedding. I have always found it tacky.

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TA Maureen
        I have never been to a wedding that had this tradition. However, I heard about it on other wedding boards where the brides were getting quite nasty about whether this was appropriate or tacky, etc. I think it depends on where you come from and the crowd.
        yeah if you ask on the knot P&E board you will get attacked. they are mean over there! they hate DWs, trashing the dress & just about anything else.

#14 adias.angel

adias.angel
        • 719 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          yeah if you ask on the knot P&E board you will get attacked. they are mean over there! they hate DWs, trashing the dress & just about anything else.
          Really? Even a TTD? Closed minded old biddies. Glad we have this forum and everyone is so nice. :)

#15 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
          • 459 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

I've never been to a wedding where this was done so yes, for me to do it would seem weird and tacky. But if it's the norm in your area/culture, then go for it!

#16 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

I never saw it until I went to a family wedding in Michigan.

I personally don't care for it so we didn't do it. With the stuff we want to do to the new house, maybe we should have!

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by adias.angel
                Really? Even a TTD? Closed minded old biddies. Glad we have this forum and everyone is so nice. :)
                yeah they say "it's so wasteful, you could have donated the dress."

it can still be dontated after it's worn in the ocean
                SO many parts of a wedding are wasteful. you could skip a wedding all together & donate the money.
                What's wasteful about amazing pictures? Pictures are the material possession I value more than any other.

OK, i know preaching to the choir, but I get really annoyed by those P&E girls. close minded old biddies is right :)

#18 Martha

Martha
                • VIP Member
                • 3,906 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

I don't think it's tacky....down here it's expected. Just a matter of the culture, I guess. At my first wedding the DJ just announced it was our Dollar Dance and we were like "okay." Since we have never doscussed having one. Here the best man gets money from the women that wana dance with the groom and the maid of honor gets money from the guys that wanna dance with the bride.

Jay and I didn't do this though....seems silly at a DW since everyone paid so much to go to your wedding.

#19 endlesslove

endlesslove
                  • 362 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

It's a tradition in our family to have a DD, and I always thought they were fun. So do guests. I get so sick of people saying how trashy and tacky it is. It's about havinf fun. People need to loosen up! I doubt we'll have on at our DW since people are already spending a lot of money to come.

#20 EricaG

EricaG
                    • 1,915 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

I never heard about this until I was here on the forum. There was mention of this not to long ago and that is when I found out about these. Really I think that it all depends on what traditions, your family and the area that you live in or come from are used too. We don't do the dollar dance, but most weddings I have ever been to the bride gets kidnapped and the guest are asked to donate $$ for the randsom to get her back. The $ is usually collected by the BM in a cowboy boot. As for dances with the bride and groom, the bride gets the song, 'I knew the bride when she used to rock n roll' and the groom gets 'I'm to sexy' and usually gets slightly stripped down by all the women dancing around him.
                      http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users