Stacey Clarke Photography

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jax1182

jax1182
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has used Stacy Clarke for wedding photography in Jamaica. Her rates seemed pretty reasonable and I like the photo albums she has posted on her website. I just wanted to see if anyone has/will be using her for their wedding? Thanks!!!

#2 divadivine25

divadivine25
    • 427 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

I was seriously considering her, but then found another photog from the states. Her rates are very reasonable, but she is new to photography, her background is in video, and her lack of creativity showed in her work....to me.

#3 Jill

Jill
      • 113 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:48 AM

I have booked Stacey for my Wedding. Her prices are resonable, I like her work and I have spoken to a girl who used her and loved her!

#4 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
        • 302 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

I cant find her rates on her website...did you get them from her website or did you write her directly?

#5 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
          • 302 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

Nevermind, I found her price list for 2009 in another thread!

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

I didn't hire her, but did contact her.

I can say that she was very professional and responded quickly to e-mails, a rare thing in the DW world.

#7 yesther

yesther
              • 65 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

I am new to this so please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if you hire an outside photog is it possible to negotiate with the resort to discount the wedding package that has some photography included?

#8 chickadee024

chickadee024
                • 140 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:32 AM

I have booked Stacey for my wedding at Negril Escape in April 2009. Her website pictures look awesome (much better than I think the standard hotel package would be) and her prices are much easier on my budget.
                  I think she has a pretty diverse portfolio for a fairly new photographer, and she is totally on top of her communication. She sends emails out to people with links to pictures whenever she does a wedding, and she's been keeping us all updated on the hurricanes and tropical storms.

Also, I didn't have any trouble getting her as my photographer for Negril Escape Resort and Spa, even though they have Multimedia Solutions listed as their chosen photography company on their website. Don totally agreed to letting us bring her in from the outside with no extra fees.

#9 WAJA2009

WAJA2009
                  • 60 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

I am also using Stacey Clarke Photography. I agree with the other poster that she is fairly new but she is updating her website with new slideshows and so far, it looks like her work just keeps getting better. She trains under Paula and Damian of Sungoldphoto.com and they were my first choice! We originally booked them, then thought they were too expensive and went with Stacey Clarke. We tried to get them back after we changed our minds and decided we would just pay the cost but they had booked up in a matter of minutes!!!

But I'm confident Stacey Clarke will deliver some great shots.

#10 divadivine25

divadivine25
                    • 427 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by divadivine25
                      I was seriously considering her, but then found another photog from the states. Her rates are very reasonable, but she is new to photography, her background is in video, and her lack of creativity showed in her work....to me.
                      Update!!!
                      We have booked with Stacey. After checking her blog for a few months, I changed my mind about her style and began to rethink my decision. Her prices are reasonable and her blog shows her creativity. I take back my previous post!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users