Photo

Villa rentals or inexpensive hotels

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mridgway

mridgway
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

We are looking to give our guests a variety of options as far as lodging and are looking for some inexpensive hotels or villa rental company ideas. Does anyone have any companies/sites that they would suggest using? The majority of our guests are staying at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar and we are hoping to keep everyone somewhat close to the hotel - if that is even possible.

We also have a few who might be interested in staying in town for a few nights-so any suggestions for good hotels in Cabo would be appreciated also!

Thanks,
    Melissa

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

Definitely check out ..VRBO® is Vacation Rentals by Owner® Vacation Homes Rentals by Owner - it's a site for villas & condos for rent by owner. Several of my guests used it to find a condo to stay in.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:40 PM

crhista mentioned the site to rent condos and they have some good/cheap ones in town.

also, i think PB rose is a good value.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

Also in downtown, there is Casa Rafael - it's around $90-ish/night, and not disgusting!

#5 mridgway

mridgway
        • 132 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

Wonderful! Thanks so much for your suggestions! Our hotel rooms have already doubled in price and so these additional options will be very helpful!

Melissa

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mridgway
          Wonderful! Thanks so much for your suggestions! Our hotel rooms have already doubled in price and so these additional options will be very helpful!

Melissa
          why did they double in price?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 mridgway

mridgway
          • 132 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

Good question. We are staying at the Sheraton and had found rates for $199 per night. They now are $399 per night. I believe the rates were that low due to the fact it was over a year away. As far as I've heard the $399 rate is typical. We reserved a block of rooms at the $199 rate, but more people are attending than we had originally thought, so now am looking to find them additional options.

#8 sstotz

sstotz
            • 298 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for letting me know about Casa Rafael not being nasty! I'll look into that for guest options!
              ~Soon to be Shanny May
              June 20th, 2009
              Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#9 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
              • 609 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

You could also try Vacation Rentals, Vacation Homes, Vacation Rental Home, HomeAway

#10 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:50 AM

Does anyone know of any villas that you can rent for just one night (that don't have a 3 or 5 or 7 night minimum stay)? I'm pricing out other villa alternatives to have our reception at but everything I've found so far has a minimum stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users