Riu Palace: reception at San Jose restaurant terrace

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ziggymo

Ziggymo
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:05 AM

Hi All,

I have booked the San Jose restaurant terrace for my reception. Right now ~50 people have RSVP'd and I expect more (not sure how many, but at least 10). My question is if there is enough space for the tables and an area for dancing. We've spent some $ on dancing lessons, so we want an adequate floor for our dance and the guests. If there isn't enough space, we would have to reserve the whole restaurant for an additional $1300.

Thanks!
    Ziggymo

#2 A&P08

A&P08
    • 62 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:37 AM

You might find that there may not be enough space for dancing. It is very pretty out there, but I am not sure about the dancing.

#3 Ziggymo

Ziggymo
      • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

A&P08,

Thanks for the advice. I read your review and was happy to see how positive your experience was. I also saw your pictures. Everything looked fabulous. When you were on the terrace, how many guests did you have?
        Ziggymo

#4 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
        • 456 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

A&P08-I have a question also...When you say 'terrace' does this mean we have an area booked off just for us? I have also booked a semi-private reception at the Steakhouse, and I can't picture how it's going to be! Are we in the middle of the restaurant with other people? Also, since there's no dancing, did you go to the disco after? How was that?
          Sorry for all the questions, but my wedding day is coming up fast and I am curious to know how it's all going to fall into place...
          D & K
          October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#5 A&P08

A&P08
          • 62 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

In the San Jose Restaurent you can reserve the terrace for a private event. However, I believe it is $500 to reserve for a private event. If you do not reserve for a private event you will be eating with other people. We did the rehearsal at the San Jose and it was not private. So we did have other people eating on the terrace with us. As per the dance floor. If you do reserve it for a private event there is a little area on the side of the restaurant that you can use for dancing.

The steak house restaurant is very nice and even though there are people eating at the steak house restaurant they enclose a space for you and your guests. The steak house restaurant is in the middle of the hotel. They use this area as a buffet area for breakfast and lunch. There is a club called Pasha that opens at 11:00, so your guests can just head to the club after dinner.

#6 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
            • 456 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

If we reserve the terrace for a private event, is the food extra? Or is it included as if you were doing a semi-private?
              The pictures that you have-I am assuming are the rehearsal dinner?
              D & K

#7 Ziggymo

Ziggymo
              • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:30 PM

The $500 is for one-seating, it goes up to $1000 if you want the terrace to be private from 6:30-11 pm. Food is included in this price (standard menu) at both the San Jose terrace and the steak house terrace.
                Ziggymo

#8 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
                • 456 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

Hmmmm....
                  I'm just worried about the 'semi-private' aspect of it....we don't really have the extra money right now to reserve for a private event.
                  I wish I could just picture it in my head!!!
                  What did you girls do for your reception? A&P08's pictures of the steakhouse terrace look beautiful..and she said that was semi-private.
                  ...I just need to stop stressing!
                  D & K

#9 Ziggymo

Ziggymo
                  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

Kamay,

Varia took some great pictures of a wedding reception at the San Jose terrace. Those might give you a better idea. It is the featured wedding on her web site Wedding in Los Cabos. About the semi-private thing, you'll just have to go with what you are comfortable with.
                    Ziggymo

#10 A&P08

A&P08
                    • 62 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

My rehearsal was at the San Jose. You will like it there. It is very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users