Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - 8-31-08 wedding review (long with pics)


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Samantha S

Samantha S
  • Jr. Member
  • 369 posts

    Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

    Thanks Dawn! That answers my questions really well! The bouquets are stunning! I think I'll just go with them, I don't want to sweat over trying to get something specific that they don't have or that will complicate it-- yours are gorgeous! I cannot wait to see your pro pics, your profile pic is amazing. The link didn't work for me either. Your and Kat's weddings were so beautiful.

    #42 dmarie17

    dmarie17
    • Jr. Member
    • 276 posts

      Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

      Stupid Flickr... PM me with your email address and I will send you a link. Sorry girls!

      #43 lucy106

      lucy106
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,880 posts

        Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

        You look amazing!! I am glad all turned out well for you!!!

        #44 ltl_leah

        ltl_leah
        • Newbie
        • 35 posts

          Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:16 PM

          Thank you your review. Did you have to use certain photographers or do you have the freedom to choose whoever you want without getting charged a $500 fee? Also, how were the rooms and the bathrooms? Are they outdated or a little on the small side? Did you pay extra for the reception dinner or were you allowed to have a semi-private dinner in one of the restaurants without getting charged extra? I have so many questions because I am still trying to decide on a resort. I was originally going to have it at Dreams Puerto Aventuras, but now I'm hearing that you can't use a mexican photographer at all, which I think is outrageous.
          http://i88.photobuck....ah/bdw0097.jpgLeah & Terry
          The Royal Playa del Carmen
          May 6, 2009

          #45 jlwhite5

          jlwhite5
          • Newbie
          • 54 posts

            Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

            these posts are my favorite here on BDW! your wedding (and you!) looked beautiful! sorry about the rain - i know thats going to happen to me, i can just feel it. i'm glad you posted the picture of the OOT bags. i like that you included a lock. i would've never thought of that, but it's a great idea!

            hope you're enjoying married life! :)

            #46 cancunbride

            cancunbride
            • Member
            • 531 posts

              Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by dmarie17
              I only used her for 3 hours... I don't even think that she was there that long. I am truly amazed at the work that she did in such a short time. I sent the link to my mom and she was shocked. She was like, 'it didn't even look like she took that many pics'. Even my brother was impressed, said that it looked like we were sitting in front of a backdrop... Ohh I want you to see them now that I've talked them up so much!! Does this work: Flickr: Photos & Video from dawnandchriswedding


              hahaha, your such a tease!!! Its says dawnandchriswedding doesn't have anything available to you!! hahaha Im dying to see the pics.surrender them!

              #47 cancunbride

              cancunbride
              • Member
              • 531 posts

                Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ltl_leah
                Thank you your review. Did you have to use certain photographers or do you have the freedom to choose whoever you want without getting charged a $500 fee? Also, how were the rooms and the bathrooms? Are they outdated or a little on the small side? Did you pay extra for the reception dinner or were you allowed to have a semi-private dinner in one of the restaurants without getting charged extra? I have so many questions because I am still trying to decide on a resort. I was originally going to have it at Dreams Puerto Aventuras, but now I'm hearing that you can't use a mexican photographer at all, which I think is outrageous.

                Hi strongly recommend that you read through this thread...you will eventually find all your answers here.

                #48 dmarie17

                dmarie17
                • Jr. Member
                • 276 posts

                  Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ltl_leah
                  Thank you your review. Did you have to use certain photographers or do you have the freedom to choose whoever you want without getting charged a $500 fee? Also, how were the rooms and the bathrooms? Are they outdated or a little on the small side? Did you pay extra for the reception dinner or were you allowed to have a semi-private dinner in one of the restaurants without getting charged extra? I have so many questions because I am still trying to decide on a resort. I was originally going to have it at Dreams Puerto Aventuras, but now I'm hearing that you can't use a mexican photographer at all, which I think is outrageous.
                  I used an awesome photographer named Claudia Rodriguez. She wasn't part of the resort but she does have a good relationship with them so she is able to go and shoot weddings without a fee. I think that the fee is only $50 though if it is not an approved vendor. It may be free... not positive.
                  Our room was awesome and huge! The bathroom was enormous too... double sink, bathtub/shower, toliet and a bidet! All of our guests were happy with their rooms too as far as I know. Feel free to PM me with any other questions you have and if you send me your email and I will send you all of our photos. Good luck!!


                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jlwhite5
                  these posts are my favorite here on BDW! your wedding (and you!) looked beautiful! sorry about the rain - i know thats going to happen to me, i can just feel it. i'm glad you posted the picture of the OOT bags. i like that you included a lock. i would've never thought of that, but it's a great idea!

                  hope you're enjoying married life! :)
                  I've heard rain is good luck. I think thats just what people say so their not so disappointed. It did give us an amazing rainbow though so i can't complain too much!!


                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cancunbride
                  hahaha, your such a tease!!! Its says dawnandchriswedding doesn't have anything available to you!! hahaha Im dying to see the pics.surrender them!
                  This site is driving me nuts!! Even when I send through the website, it sometimes isn't working. One more shot: Flickr: Photos & Video from dawnandchriswedding

                  #49 dmarie17

                  dmarie17
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 276 posts

                    Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

                    WAIT!! I think that I got it!!!
                    Flickr: dawnandchriswedding's Photostream

                    #50 Gen Snipes

                    Gen Snipes
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 153 posts

                      Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

                      Yourn pics are great! (It makes me glad I picke Claudia too)

                      I especially love your siggy pic!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users