Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dmarie17

Dreams Cancun - 8-31-08 wedding review (long with pics)

Recommended Posts

Hi Dawn, great review and great wedding!! Everything looked and seemed amazing. After reading your review and Kathi's, I have a bunch of questions given my wedding is two months away and I'm starting to freak out a bit. Here goes:

 

How was Gaby? Any issues to have a heads up on to make sure they donâ€t happen?

 

Did you meet with her before the wedding also? Was she better with your wedding about being on top of it and letting you guys know what to do and where to be?

 

What flowers did you go with? Did you pick them out beforehand or when you got there? I donâ€t mind picking them out there but I do want some kind of idea of what they have available this time of year and Gaby gave me nothing. Can you post a pic because one that I think I am seeing in one of your photos is almost just what I want… pink/orange combo… ?

 

Did you happen to ask when the construction would be done on the terrace? What is different about it from the pics?

 

I know I will have more, thank you SO MUCH! Again, amazing wedding, you looked gorgeous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
So I was looking at another post here... one with only pics... and the terrace now does not look like the terrace in the pics... In fact, the terrace looks like crap now! I think that they are revamping it or something. Had it not been for the weather, we probably would have still had the reception there, but don't be surprised if the pics aren't what you get...
huh? what's wrong with the terrace? i will be having mine somewhere else if the terrace is crappy now, that's for sure! any pics? i thought kat's reception was on the terrace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Hi Dawn, great review and great wedding!! Everything looked and seemed amazing. After reading your review and Kathi's, I have a bunch of questions given my wedding is two months away and I'm starting to freak out a bit. Here goes:

How was Gaby? Any issues to have a heads up on to make sure they donâ€t happen?

Did you meet with her before the wedding also? Was she better with your wedding about being on top of it and letting you guys know what to do and where to be?

What flowers did you go with? Did you pick them out beforehand or when you got there? I donâ€t mind picking them out there but I do want some kind of idea of what they have available this time of year and Gaby gave me nothing. Can you post a pic because one that I think I am seeing in one of your photos is almost just what I want… pink/orange combo… ?

Did you happen to ask when the construction would be done on the terrace? What is different about it from the pics?

I know I will have more, thank you SO MUCH! Again, amazing wedding, you looked gorgeous.
Hi Samantha! I'll do my best to answer your questions.
Gaby is super super nice but is still new. She is clearly overwhelmed. There were a couple of things that could have been better. The red carpet was forgotten (by then I was just praying that the weather would hold out so I didn't wait for it). We had no idea where we were supposed to go... good thing everyone has been in weddings before otherwise the bm and gm would have been lost.
We only met with Gaby a few days before. The day of the wedding she only called once (about an hour before) to let me know that everything was going to be moved due to the rain.
I was worried about the flowers and ended up just picking from a the book (same pics that they send out). I choose B-08 and was a bit worried but figured Whatever! I really just wanted something really bright and colorful. They turned out to be gorgeous!! I loved them! Much better than I ever expected. Here are a few pics. I have more if you need them.
The terrace... I wish I took pics but I didn't. I just know that the bar isn't actually a bar... it's like a temporary bar... umm... i can't really explain. Maybe I'm wrong here. I'm going to ask Kat.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The terrace is under construction but they have it set up so you can't tell. It was still really nice and pretty. The bar they set up for the reception was just a little temp bar inside. They also have another bar right outside of the terrace for the Club Beach. I don't know what time they close though. I think I read someone said somewhere it is at 11? But I don't remember them being there during my wedding?? But heck they could have been. The other thing about the Terrace is people have to walk through there to get to the elevator to get in their room if they are staying in the club. So, you may have a few random people walking through. We did. But it wasn't like a huge deal it takes them maybe 5 seconds to get across the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
Hi Samantha! I'll do my best to answer your questions.
Gaby is super super nice but is still new. She is clearly overwhelmed. There were a couple of things that could have been better. The red carpet was forgotten (by then I was just praying that the weather would hold out so I didn't wait for it). We had no idea where we were supposed to go... good thing everyone has been in weddings before otherwise the bm and gm would have been lost.
We only met with Gaby a few days before. The day of the wedding she only called once (about an hour before) to let me know that everything was going to be moved due to the rain.
I was worried about the flowers and ended up just picking from a the book (same pics that they send out). I choose B-08 and was a bit worried but figured Whatever! I really just wanted something really bright and colorful. They turned out to be gorgeous!! I loved them! Much better than I ever expected. Here are a few pics. I have more if you need them.
The terrace... I wish I took pics but I didn't. I just know that the bar isn't actually a bar... it's like a temporary bar... umm... i can't really explain. Maybe I'm wrong here. I'm going to ask Kat.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.


wow...your flowers look gorgeous but you look absolutely beautiful. I got chills just looking at your pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted everyone to know that I got my pics from Claudia and she is AMAZING!! I never thought that they would turn out as good as they did. Really... I thought that they would be pretty.... but they are so much better than that! She is awesome!!!

I have the pics on my flickr site so if anyone would like access, let me know and I'll attempt to send you a link... I think I'll need your email address so if you want to PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
I just wanted everyone to know that I got my pics from Claudia and she is AMAZING!! I never thought that they would turn out as good as they did. Really... I thought that they would be pretty.... but they are so much better than that! She is awesome!!!
I have the pics on my flickr site so if anyone would like access, let me know and I'll attempt to send you a link... I think I'll need your email address so if you want to PM me.
Im trying to PM you but for some reason its telling me I have no access...I would love to see your pix..how many hours did you use her for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancunbride View Post
Im trying to PM you but for some reason its telling me I have no access...I would love to see your pix..how many hours did you use her for?
I only used her for 3 hours... I don't even think that she was there that long. I am truly amazed at the work that she did in such a short time. I sent the link to my mom and she was shocked. She was like, 'it didn't even look like she took that many pics'. Even my brother was impressed, said that it looked like we were sitting in front of a backdrop... Ohh I want you to see them now that I've talked them up so much!! Does this work: Flickr: Photos & Video from dawnandchriswedding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
I only used her for 3 hours... I don't even think that she was there that long. I am truly amazed at the work that she did in such a short time. I sent the link to my mom and she was shocked. She was like, 'it didn't even look like she took that many pics'. Even my brother was impressed, said that it looked like we were sitting in front of a backdrop... Ohh I want you to see them now that I've talked them up so much!! Does this work: Flickr: Photos & Video from dawnandchriswedding
When I click it says I don't have access to it. I really want to see Claudia's pictures, she is my photographer.smile123.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×