How long did it take you to register?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

FI and I are taking all day Friday to do our registries. We're going to Bed Bath & Beyond (in Chelsea) and Macy's (Herald Square). Both stores are HUGE. How long should we plan on being at each place? I want to make appointments so someone will be availabe for us, but I'm not sure how far apart to space them. TIA.

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

I would think about 1-2 hours per store.

#3 Tracy

• 281 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:56 PM

We did Bed, Bath and Beyond in about an hour and Target in about an hour..but we had gone online and done some registring that way too - which seemed to work well. Good luck and have fun.

#4 beachbride08

• VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:06 AM

The longest it took me was 3 hours, but that was mostly because I couldn't make a decision on the bathroom and bedding stuff. FI met me and helped me narrow it down. The other 2 stores took less than an hour.

#5 Kelli

• 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:31 AM

It took us about 2 hours at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I would say that is the longest it will take. It is much easier to go through there pretty quickly and then change/add/delete things online!

#6 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

It took us 2 hrs at Bed Bath and Beyond and about 1 hr at Kohls. i would give yourself 2 hrs at least.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

I would allow plenty of time between appointments because the last thing you want is to feel rushed at your first place... And if you have time left over, you could always just grab lunch or something to kill time before your 2nd appt.

#8 Dreams425

• 105 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

Not to scare you but we were in Macy's for 4 hours! I know its crazy. We had an appointment with a consultant who was super helpful because we were totally clueless. My advice is have a game plan...do some research online and have an idea of what you want to accomplish. We went into it completely unprepared. We registered at Crate and Barrel on our next trip and it was much easier only about an hour. Remember you can always add and remove items online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users