RIU Santa Fe Reception Question

lgarner83

HI!!

Ok, so we're getting married next September and I have a quick question about the receptions that come with the royal package. Since we are having a formal wedding reception when we come home, we are not going to opt for any of the extras (private, dj, etc). If we pick the steakhouse terrace (or wherever!) what exactly will we get? how will the night go? Should we bring music or does that not make sense?? Any helpful hints or suggestions? Any info would be helpful, thank you!

I would recommend booking at the Steakhouse, it's the best restaurant with the best view. You'll get whatever meal it's been served that night but you'll be in the terrace away from everybody else. There's already music but it's not live, but I'm sure you can bring your own. Good luck.

I asked Erika and she said there is no room for dancing or anything like that. I think with the royal you just get more decorations. That is why we opt with the basic package. I ordered center pieces from Floraten the chuppa and the chair bows my self. It was prettier and cheaper that way. After dinner we are going to the lobby bar putting the old people to bed and heading out for the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly C View Post
I asked Erika and she said there is no room for dancing or anything like that. I think with the royal you just get more decorations. That is why we opt with the basic package. I ordered center pieces from Floraten the chuppa and the chair bows my self. It was prettier and cheaper that way. After dinner we are going to the lobby bar putting the old people to bed and heading out for the evening.
There is alot of good information on here...thanks girls!!!

Really? Erika said there wasn't any room for dancing? I was hoping to have a couple speeches & dancing after dinner without changing locations. Can we pay extra to have the room for this? I know someone that got married at the Palace and they had dancing after dinner at the same location....I don't believe they paid any extra.

By the way, since you went with the "Classic" package....do you have to pay extra for the setup of more chairs, etc? I thought we would have to go with the Royal package.

You must be very excited...you are getting pretty close!!!!

Quote:

Kelly, I have a question about the reception set up as well! (sorry to be asking you this, but I know you said you've been to before!)
Have you been over to the Palace?? If not, I'm sure the setups are similar...
I'm just curious to now how the dinner part is set-up in a semi-private event? Are we on a terrace of some kind away from others or are we right smack in the middle of the restaurant? I know there is not a lot of room for dancing, but that doesn't seem to be a big deal....i guess we'll have to head over to the club afterwards.

Thanks for your help!!! smile03.gif

Ok i dont know how to multi quote so I will try and break it up.

Abbygirl: She told me no room for dancing. I really wanted to do our first dance there also. FI said that we will just do it on the beach after the ceramony. You can still do speaches. I guess the dancing depends on how many people you have out there. SHe hasn't said anything about paying extra for the chairs. I know a girl that got married there in April and they didn't charge her. She said they even gave them campaign for everyone at no cost. Getting very excited! I have my bach party this Sat. makes it seem even closer.

Lgarner83: I told Erika as soon as I booked that I wanted the steakhouse and what time I wanted for the same reason. I know that there is another wedding that day and didn't want to get get stuck with the left overs. If there is something you really want I wouldn't wait until they contact you. Just send her an email and keep a copy for your files to bring with you.

Kaylee: I haven't been to the Palace, but from what I have heard it very similar. The terrace is away from the public. They can still see you, but your not in the middle of the room or anything. Were going to head to the lobby bar since the disco wont be open yet, have a few drinks. Put the old people to bed and head out on the town for the night. Were getting very close!

Quote:
Ok i dont know how to multi quote so I will try and break it up.

Abbygirl: She told me no room for dancing. I really wanted to do our first dance there also. FI said that we will just do it on the beach after the ceramony. You can still do speaches. I guess the dancing depends on how many people you have out there. SHe hasn't said anything about paying extra for the chairs. I know a girl that got married there in April and they didn't charge her. She said they even gave them campaign for everyone at no cost. Getting very excited! I have my bach party this Sat. makes it seem even closer.
Lgarner83: I told Erika as soon as I booked that I wanted the steakhouse and what time I wanted for the same reason. I know that there is another wedding that day and didn't want to get get stuck with the left overs. If there is something you really want I wouldn't wait until they contact you. Just send her an email and keep a copy for your files to bring with you.
Kaylee: I haven't been to the Palace, but from what I have heard it very similar. The terrace is away from the public. They can still see you, but your not in the middle of the room or anything. Were going to head to the lobby bar since the disco wont be open yet, have a few drinks. Put the old people to bed and head out on the town for the night. Were getting very close!

Thanks Kelly! I'm going to stop obsessing now...lol.
I know-we're getting sooo close! Have fun on your bachelorette party!!!! Make sure you post pictures!
My shower is this weekend....it makes it seem so real now!!!

cheer2.gif