• Please log in to reply
1293 replies to this topic

#71 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mummergirl
    haha yeah my fiance asked me why i needed to go shopping for a wedding dress NOW ... i told him when i went to davids a couple weeks ago they were practically yelling at me for not having my dress picked yet!
    Really!! I have an apt at David's Bridal on Friday!! I thought I was on the ball.. I guess not?
    I have picked out everything that I want for our wedding. My FI pretty much just looks at it and gives an opinion.
    I sent out our STD's about 5 months ago.. a DW is alot of money and your guests need to start saving. Plus, most of my friends and wedding party aren't very good at saving so I thought that I would give them more than enough notice so they can't say that they didn't have time to save up!!
    We have our invitations!! I will be sending those out before the end of October.
    The only other thing we have done is our hotel and airfare is booked, but only because FI's uncle booked it for us as our wedding present.
    It's hard to start ordering things such as Welcome Bags and Favors when I have no idea how much to order. Does anyone else have this problem? I mean I don't know exactly how many people are coming...
    My mother is doing our flowers for the wedding party and my bouquet. I'm so lucky that my mother is pretty much Martha Stewart

#72 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
    • 609 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Anthony'sGirl
      Really!! I have an apt at David's Bridal on Friday!! I thought I was on the ball.. I guess not?
      I have picked out everything that I want for our wedding. My FI pretty much just looks at it and gives an opinion.
      I sent out our STD's about 5 months ago.. a DW is alot of money and your guests need to start saving. Plus, most of my friends and wedding party aren't very good at saving so I thought that I would give them more than enough notice so they can't say that they didn't have time to save up!!
      We have our invitations!! I will be sending those out before the end of October.
      The only other thing we have done is our hotel and airfare is booked, but only because FI's uncle booked it for us as our wedding present.
      It's hard to start ordering things such as Welcome Bags and Favors when I have no idea how much to order. Does anyone else have this problem? I mean I don't know exactly how many people are coming...
      My mother is doing our flowers for the wedding party and my bouquet. I'm so lucky that my mother is pretty much Martha Stewart
      I had my first appt at a bridal store today and they were saying the same thing about ordering! I was very underwhelmed at the selection though so I left empty handed.

#73 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
      • 258 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by FoxyBride
        I had my first appt at a bridal store today and they were saying the same thing about ordering! I was very underwhelmed at the selection though so I left empty handed.
        Have you been to their website?? I found a few dresses that I really liked. If you have been to the website or if anyone else has.. is their selection just as good in the stores??

#74 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

Hi May 09 girls! I just ordered my dress today and was worried for time and the woman told me it will probably be here by the beginning of the year! I was originally told up to 16 weeks for some dresses!!

#75 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
          • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

Quote:
            Have you been to their website?? I found a few dresses that I really liked. If you have been to the website or if anyone else has.. is their selection just as good in the stores??
            I got my dress from David's Bridal too-- it had a great selection (and the prices were more reasonable than anywhere else I went....)

I ordered mine at the end of July and I picked it up on Wednesday! They originally told me it wouldn't be in until mid-October. DB was pretty quick, so I wouldn't worry too much about it coming in time for your May wedding.

#76 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
            • 258 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
              I got my dress from David's Bridal too-- it had a great selection (and the prices were more reasonable than anywhere else I went....)

I ordered mine at the end of July and I picked it up on Wednesday! They originally told me it wouldn't be in until mid-October. DB was pretty quick, so I wouldn't worry too much about it coming in time for your May wedding.

Oh thank God! I was a little worried.. heh. I'm going to the David's Bridal in Duluth, MN so I hope they have a good selection. I live in Alberta and am going home to Ontario for Thanksgiving (Canadian) next weekend and so I only have this one chance.. pressure is on!!

#77 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
              • 609 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
                I haven't been to the DB site. I just went to a local shop because they carry Jim Hjelm dresses but they didn't have any of the styles I like. Everything just seemed poofy and too big for someone as petite as me.

#78 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                • 2,262 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:00 AM

Well I've got the invites and they are just what I want cheesy lmao

I'm not putting on an RSVP date just because I know they won't RSVP anyway people are just plain lazy lol

I'm only sending 12 invitations and they'll go out next week when FI gets home so he can package them up and send them out he's not getting away with shouting his mouth off and demaning this and that and me doing everything lol

I reckon i'll only know my head count once I get to the hotel lol that might be tricky because I think i'd have to change the package if its a lot less than the 20 lol

#79 Julia

Julia
                  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

Wow, you guys are all on the ball! Hartyt509, I love that you're not even putting the date down, i have a group like that too. I don't know what I was thinking, but for some reason had not thought about sending out the invites yet!

I have them picked out though. If anyone is getting married in mexico, they may want to check these out. .. Wedding invitations, bar / bat mitzvah invitations, birthday party invitations, baptism invitations, wedding invitation wording, corporate invitations and holiday cards. Item # NU-5KAT688-ME Pretty cool inked map of Mexico, they look great!

#80 Cattie

Cattie
                    • 594 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:17 AM

When are you girls planning on starting your fittings for your dress? I've had mine for a while (long story) but have no idea when I should start all of this stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users