Photo

May 2009 Brides

• Please log in to reply
1293 replies to this topic

#51 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

I would totally do the group rates thing but who knows if my friends want the lowest rooms or they want a suite...I am thinking of sending out an email blast explaining that they only need to give a deposit and don;t have to pay the rest until March! SO ANNOYING

#52 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

I'm a bad May 2009 bride. I totally missed this thread.

Is anyone else deciding on things like flowers, cakes, centerpieces, etc. when they get to their destination? For some reason I'm not all that worried about it and figure I'll take care of it the week I get there. I know I want local flowers and I have an idea of what I want, but I would just prefer to wait.

I feel like I'm getting more laid back as the wedding gets closer. Is that weird?

Oh, and as for guests being lazy about booking, that's just how it is. It'll all work out though!

#53 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

If it makes everyone feel better I had at least 30 people as definite and 7 have booked lmao and I really don't care if no-one else comes

#54 Rhonda

Rhonda
        • 270 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

OMG! I feel like a total slacker right now! This thread has definitely made me think I need to do more! So far, all I've done is:
          Picked resort, booked date
          Wedding website complete
          Sent out save the date magnets (July '0
          Picked my dress (ordering it tomorrow- yay!)
          Booked photographer (Claudia Rodriguez)
          DJ booked
          Welcome party, ceremony, cocktail hour locations picked.

Right now, I'm thinking about color scheme and will be checking out BM dresses (online) with sis this weekend. Oh, and going to book our

I feel the same as Kristy, for some reason, I know it will all get done and I'm not worried, but, maybe I should be! :)

I'm planning on sending out invites first week in Jan. with RSVP by 2/1.
          It is kind of annoying not to have a head count right now though. But, I don't want to send them out too early or during the holidays. We'll probably send out an email to everyone next month reminding them to book. So far we only have 14 (not including us).

#55 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

Sounds to me like you've done a lot!!!

#56 Blkatz

Blkatz
            • 1,025 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Rhonda
              OMG! I feel like a total slacker right now! This thread has definitely made me think I need to do more! So far, all I've done is:
              Picked resort, booked date
              Wedding website complete
              Sent out save the date magnets (July '0
              Picked my dress (ordering it tomorrow- yay!)
              Booked photographer (Claudia Rodriguez)
              DJ booked
              Welcome party, ceremony, cocktail hour locations picked.

Right now, I'm thinking about color scheme and will be checking out BM dresses (online) with sis this weekend. Oh, and going to book our

I feel the same as Kristy, for some reason, I know it will all get done and I'm not worried, but, maybe I should be! :)

I'm planning on sending out invites first week in Jan. with RSVP by 2/1.
              It is kind of annoying not to have a head count right now though. But, I don't want to send them out too early or during the holidays. We'll probably send out an email to everyone next month reminding them to book. So far we only have 14 (not including us).
              You are getting married the same day as me! I tried to book Claudia but she was already booked with yours so we are using Erik!

#57 Rhonda

Rhonda
              • 270 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, Case, after reading this i started to panic.

Blktz, yes, we are getting married the same day! I'm actually using Citali (from Claudia Rodriguez) because Claudia was booked. I really think they all do excellent work.

#58 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:49 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kristy!
                  I'm a bad May 2009 bride. I totally missed this thread.

Is anyone else deciding on things like flowers, cakes, centerpieces, etc. when they get to their destination? For some reason I'm not all that worried about it and figure I'll take care of it the week I get there. I know I want local flowers and I have an idea of what I want, but I would just prefer to wait.

I feel like I'm getting more laid back as the wedding gets closer. Is that weird?

Oh, and as for guests being lazy about booking, that's just how it is. It'll all work out though!
                  i'm pretty much doing the same ... i mean no one really remembers the cake unless it's REALLY different looking or super-delicious (which i never think wedding cake is). i'm not worried about it. and almost all flowers are pretty ... they're FLOWERS! all i care about is the general color (reds & oranges, and i know they can get those colors at my resort because i've seen plenty of BDW brides with them). also, no one i've invited has ever been to a destination wedding, so no one has any expectations, other than they probably expect it to be different from the norm. i don't think anyone would even blink if there weren't centerpieces. they'd probably just assume that's how it is in mexico!

#59 bumbles

bumbles
                  • 574 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

My invitations from Wedding Paper Divas just shipped today! They should arrive the first week of October. It was so easy! I sent in the info, a day later they emailed a proof w/ suggestions (e.g. usage of & or and), I signed-off, and shipped the next day!

#60 Erica053009

Erica053009
                    • 513 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

Does everyone have their invites out? And when is your RSVP date for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users