May 2009 Brides
Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:28 AM
My brochures are being printed as we speak from vistaprint and my luggage tags are all done-those will go out in 2 weeks.
I brought my dress home last Thursday-it is hanging on the back of my closet door!!
What last minute things is everyone working on right now? I feel like I am forgetting things
Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:44 AM
| Originally Posted by mummergirl |
i was responding to cattie about the door hangers ... i'm back and forth on it as well. if i do them i will do funny "do not disturb" signs saying something about them being hungover from partying too hard with the newlyweds, not anything that indicates their whereabouts, posing a security risk.
Here's bridal party ones.
Wedding Party Can Insulators
Have and to Hold.
“To Have & To Hold” Can Insulators
People say they are a little thinner then regular ones, but really do you think people are going to use them for the rest of there life? Especially personalized with wedding stuff? For the price, I don't think you can beat it, even if they are thinner then most. I'm sure most guests would think they are adorable, thin or not.
Last minute things.... hmm I'm not real sure! I do have to get the FI's suit. K&G is going to be having a sale around Easter, so I'm waiting on that, not that it actually takes that long to get a suit tailored! Oh I have to get it together and pick out our sand ceremony kit. I have no idea what I want for it. I think I may take a ride to Michaels tonight.
Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:03 AM
The good news is that I ordered the ringbearer outfit andm y SIL is making the flowergirl basket. At least I can check those two things off!
Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:19 PM
I start to think I am almost done with everything, then I think of more that I haven't finished yet! Like the seating chart and place cards.....I have it almost finished, but still waiting on 2 people who are trying to see if they can go or not due to their financial situation. I think if I don't know for sure by the end of the week, I will go ahead and finalize the seating arrangement. If they book after that, they can sit at the kid table! haha Damn, those procrastinating people! lol
I still need to tie raffia ribbons on the votive holders and hot glue a mini starfish to all of them for part of the centerpieces. I need to print and put together the ceremony programs, print the pages of the welcome books (I've already designed and typed them) and insert them in the books, make the favor tags to go with the starfish wine stoppers, finish the photo table numbers (almost done), make timelines for the photog, Dj, bridal party, etc., find the BM's earrings (I already purchased the necklaces), buy me a bracelet for the ceremony, purchase my shoes for the reception, make a "must have" photo list for the photog, finalize the guys ATV tour, get pricing on shipping from Fed-Ex for shipping our HUGE centerpieces...that's gonna be $$$$-YUCK!, do trial run on my hair (my hairdresser is coming to Mexico with us), figure out how to get everthing else down to Mexico since the airlines are now charging for more than one checked bag, go shopping and buy some cute new outfits to wear.....WOW, my list seems to keep growing! I had better get my A$$ in gear!!!! lol
Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:32 PM
Things we've gone
~we are passing out brochure and luggage tags as we see people to save on shipping--we'll mail them out to people not in Vermont
~We bought sun screen, aloe, motrin, pepto and allergy medicine to have on hand for us and our guests (small versions of these went into the first aid kits but we know people will need more!)
~We are starting to buy clothes for the trips
~We finished up our vows and sand cermemony wording and mailed a copy to our Wedding Coordinator so she'll have a copy and so incase it gets misplaced we can log into our email and get a copy!
~One large hockey bag is packed with ALL of our OOT stuff!!!
~I bought a cloth garment bag because my seamstress said the plastic one I had would most likely rip if I had to put it in an overhead bin
.....so many other little things we are getting done...I am just trying to get some done each week so it isn't all left to do the week before we leave!
Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:26 PM
I received pretty much everything for the OOT bags, just missing the OTC order. The sand frame came in already. I'm now in the process of :
- re-starting coordination with new WC... still need chairs, tables, lounge furniture, canopy, microphone, floating candles, centerpieces, cake, hairdresser, make-up, flower petals.......... and I'm now thinking lights for the dance floor too...
- work on vows and ceremony ! I did nothing ! I need to translate part of it to French and write the vows...
- work on all my DIY stuff : welcome letter, hanging tags for OOT bags, program, menu, who's who, door hangers...
- order ring bearer outfit
- do my dress fitting !!!!!!!!!!
On FI's desk :
- his outfit !
Will we be ready
Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:39 PM
I do like the frames, but I think I'm going to go with jars instead. I don't have a pic that I love of the FI and I right now to do a frame!
Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:59 PM
- getting my wedding band made. which means they have my engagement ring to make a wax model of the band. i feel so naked!
- 60% done making our AHR invites, theres 100, so one more sitting and we should be done. yay!
- bought our mexico wedding favors. i wanted photo albums but they are so big to pack for 17 of them. we went with picture frames instead
- had my first dress fitting for my wedding and AHR dress. they look sooo much better now that they'll fit me properly. lol. my alterations were $250 to hem, bustle, take in at the top, move the back panel down so it shows my skin but doesn't go further than my undies, and fix some random darting issue
- our friends are visiting from the california this weekend and bringing some of our oot bag stuff with them (so we didn't have to pay lots of shipping to canada) so we'll probably assemble them soon
hopefully finish by this week *fingers crossed*
-print out mailing labels for AHR
-print out stickers for travel mugs for oot bags
- print out welcome brochure and list of items in oot bag
- print pics for our oot bag photo slots
- figure out how i'm doing my hair for mexico since i have curlers now. hopefully it's not that hard to curl all my hair and randomly pin on top. lol
- finish booking the rest of our turkey trip for our honeymoon
i'm going to be a printing manic. good thing i'll just do it all at work for free. shhhh....
Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:55 AM
| Originally Posted by Cattie |
OMG I had my BD shoot yesterday! I can't wait to see my gallery in 2 weeks!!!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users