Photo

May 2009 Brides

• Please log in to reply
1293 replies to this topic

#211 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

when are you all sending out your invites? I have mine sitting in my dining room and I am not sure when to send them out. The RSVP date is March

#212 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

I've refused to send mine out lol I've told FI when he gets home on leave he can do it - he's doing bugger all else lol So probably next week or the week after - return date 1st Feb. They've had plenty time - everyone has known since last January and had prices since April

#213 Rhonda

Rhonda
      • 270 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Blkatz
        when are you all sending out your invites? I have mine sitting in my dining room and I am not sure when to send them out. The RSVP date is March
        We sent out our invites last week with RSVP by Feb. 1st. We're getting married on the same day! :)

Also, our TA just told us last week that the prices are going up for resorts in RM. Did anyone else hear about this? Apparently, She still has rooms available at our originally quoted rate, but she thinks the rates will go up by end of year. We're sending out an email tonight to everyone to encourage them to at least put their deposit down for the room as soon as possible to guarantee the lower rate. Hopefully that'll get them booking....:) We already have 40 people booked! Yay!

#214 Blkatz

Blkatz
        • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

my TA told me the same thing which I think is weird because we are so far away still

#215 Mel&B

Mel&B
          • 613 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:20 PM

I'm sending my invites out right after the first of the year with a RSVP date of 2/15.

#216 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

I was thinking of sending mine out by the end of January. We sent out save-the-dates with our website this summer, and a few people have already booked... Do you think that will be enough time?

#217 Cattie

Cattie
              • 594 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

I know the guy for our AHR said to make sure the guests have 2 months to RSVP. I'm not sure if that counts for a DW, but it seems a good rule of thumb. I'd set the latest you want people to book and count back 2 months and a week or so from there.

I didn't do formal invites for our actual wedding. We did more word of mouth. We have 21 cruising including ourselves so far. I gave the procrastinators a cut off of Jan 31! After that they can find there own transportation to the wedding and they're not getting a OOT Bag!!!

#218 dbellie1414

dbellie1414
                • 204 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

I feel like I am super behind can someone tell me if I need to step it up or if I am missing something?!?!? I really need a second opinion from another destination bride in May - I feel like I am drowning, help! What am I missing?

What I have:
                  Wedding Dress
                  Bridesmaids dresses
                  OOT bag ordered yesterday
                  STD sent out 6 mnths ago
                  Invites picked out (can't order till Jan though)
                  Hotel booked
                  Location of Ceremony booked with judge
                  Location of Reception/food booked
                  DJ
                  Harpist
                  All the guests booked
                  photographer
                  wedding cake
                  seating chart

In the process of booking/doing:
                  makeup/hair artist/stylist
                  florist
                  filling oot bag (have aspirin, sunscreen, ordered sandles from old navy, want to make t-shirts - what else should i do?)
                  cocktail hour location

What we need:
                  his wedding band
                  register for wedding shower in march and gifts
                  groom and groomsmen tux
                  wedding favor (was thinking of shot glasses or custom t-shirts, what do you think?) (if we do t-shirts how will I packege them with seating cards and what will than fill the oot bag, hmmm any good ideas?)
                  dj playlist
                  bride accessories (shoes, jewlery, undergarments - any recommendations on jewlery I am thinking glamoruous dangle earrings no necklace?)
                  bridesmaid accessories (same as above)
                  stationary (thank you cards, placecards, seating cards, etc)
                  Order of events schedule
                  welcome letter
                  Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
                  http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

#219 Mel&B

Mel&B
                  • 613 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dbellie1414
                    I feel like I am super behind can someone tell me if I need to step it up or if I am missing something?!?!? I really need a second opinion from another destination bride in May - I feel like I am drowning, help! What am I missing?

What I have:
                    Wedding Dress
                    Bridesmaids dresses
                    OOT bag ordered yesterday
                    STD sent out 6 mnths ago
                    Invites picked out (can't order till Jan though)
                    Hotel booked
                    Location of Ceremony booked with judge
                    Location of Reception/food booked
                    DJ
                    Harpist
                    All the guests booked
                    photographer
                    wedding cake
                    seating chart

In the process of booking/doing:
                    makeup/hair artist/stylist
                    florist
                    filling oot bag (have aspirin, sunscreen, ordered sandles from old navy, want to make t-shirts - what else should i do?)
                    cocktail hour location

What we need:
                    his wedding band
                    register for wedding shower in march and gifts
                    groom and groomsmen tux
                    wedding favor (was thinking of shot glasses or custom t-shirts, what do you think?) (if we do t-shirts how will I packege them with seating cards and what will than fill the oot bag, hmmm any good ideas?)
                    dj playlist
                    bride accessories (shoes, jewlery, undergarments - any recommendations on jewlery I am thinking glamoruous dangle earrings no necklace?)
                    bridesmaid accessories (same as above)
                    stationary (thank you cards, placecards, seating cards, etc)
                    Order of events schedule
                    welcome letter
                    I don't think you are behind at all. I'm almost exactly where you are, except my invites are done. We are sending them out right after the first of the year. I also need all of my accessories, more OOT bag filler, welcome letter, dj playlist, to select flowers and music, etc. I would say you are doing fabulously!!! You even have your seating chart and GUESTS BOOKED! I would say you are ahead of the game in many ways. Way to go!

#220 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                    • 5,681 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

Yeah you dont sound behind at all!! Love your cute puppies!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users