• Please log in to reply
1293 replies to this topic

#1021 dbellie1414

dbellie1414
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hartyt509
    Lol you wouldn't understand me I have a heavy accent apparently lol us Northerners lol I take it you've stayed here for a while then lol Oh btw you get married the day after me lmao
    I was there on a vk for 2 weeks went all over, I fell in love love love with the UK - I told my fiance one day we would move there even if I had to drag him!
    Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
    http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

#1022 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hi Laides

Hope this eases some fears... This is from the WHO press conference a few minutes ago

WHO does not recommend closing borders or restrictions of travel. Neither would have any effect on further spread. It would however cause a great deal of disruption. Focus on the safety means steps can be taken to reduce the chances, but closing borders would not be helpful. What is more important to avoid travel while sick and seeking medical attention if you become sick.

#1023 lmarie29

lmarie29
      • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

i too am getting married on the 23rd of this month and the recent news re: swine flu is freaking me out. i just hope that this is containable, and that the media will snap out of it.

ugh!
        lisa
        lisa marie

#1024 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dbellie1414
          I was there on a vk for 2 weeks went all over, I fell in love love love with the UK - I told my fiance one day we would move there even if I had to drag him!
          Yeah but we all talk funny lol and where i live its always bloody cold lol

Sorry

#1025 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
          • 475 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

OMG.. ladies.. im so sorry that people are cancelling... the media has definitely pulled this way out of proportion!!.. AND.. im not sure who said it but over 40,000 people die of reg flu every year!! so whats the panic? ... my flight is supposed to stop in cancun before heading to Cuba and my mom is complaining to the airline that cuba should be the first stop LOL.. im not sure if she is actually concerned about the flu or just wants to take advantage of the situation!!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
            All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#1026 drtracy

drtracy
            • 436 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dbellie1414
              Ha you and me are in the same boat!!! I am on my 3rd text and 18,395,493 phone call from idiots! I finally lost it on my 4th phone call from my mother and told her to cancel she's an f-ing idiot it's the FLU not eboli stop watching a twisted tail on cnn and go to the center for diesease control but whatever she does to stop calling me! I f-ing hate dumbasses. Until they close the borders I'll be in mexico sucking back corona's and a shit load of tequila i don't care if it's just ME- i need it after today!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hartyt509
              Lmao my kind of girl - honestly they are really pissing me off lol i'm even starting to think i want them to get the bloody flu to shut up and not go lmao
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by kiki317
              I'm with you honey!!!! I leave in 5 days and tequila kills everything so we're totally straight!

OMG.. ladies.. im so sorry that people are cancelling... the media has definitely pulled this way out of proportion!!.. AND.. im not sure who said it but over 40,000 people die of reg flu every year!! so whats the panic? ... my flight is supposed to stop in cancun before heading to Cuba and my mom is complaining to the airline that cuba should be the first stop LOL.. im not sure if she is actually concerned about the flu or just wants to take advantage of the situation!!
              Ha, this makes me laugh b/c we stop in NYC which has reported cases whereas Cancun has not. :)

#1027 drtracy

drtracy
              • 436 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by yoAzul
                Hi Laides

Hope this eases some fears... This is from the WHO press conference a few minutes ago

WHO does not recommend closing borders or restrictions of travel. Neither would have any effect on further spread. It would however cause a great deal of disruption. Focus on the safety means steps can be taken to reduce the chances, but closing borders would not be helpful. What is more important to avoid travel while sick and seeking medical attention if you become sick.
                Thank Yael ~ if worse comes to worse FI and I will hope over to your wedding then you can come back to MP for ours. :)
                p.s. hope your mom has calmed down.

#1028 jessbgauvin

jessbgauvin
                • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

Hey Ladies add me to the list! Confused?...yup scared?...yup fed up with people asking me if I am still going?...yup.

I'm in CT and there are 20 confirmed cases 90 miles away in New York City but no one seems really upset about that.

Cozumel is what..nearly 1500 miles away from Mexico City? People look at me like I am crazy for even taking a "wait and see" approach.

I only have 2 guests in addition to us and I guess we could reschedule if we had to. I truly feel for you Married in Mexico in May brides with dozens of guests.

Keep positive!!!
                  My pride and joy, son Nick:

#1029 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by drtracy
                    Thank Yael ~ if worse comes to worse FI and I will hope over to your wedding then you can come back to MP for ours. :)
                    p.s. hope your mom has calmed down.

Sounds like a plan!

#1030 drtracy

drtracy
                    • 436 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by yoAzul
                      Sounds like a plan!
                      I just realized how horrible my typing was in that message. Must be all the hairspray from my trial hair run. Glad you could decipher it. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users