Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*Casey*

May 2009 Brides

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Lol you wouldn't understand me I have a heavy accent apparently lol us Northerners lol I take it you've stayed here for a while then lol Oh btw you get married the day after me lmao
I was there on a vk for 2 weeks went all over, I fell in love love love with the UK - I told my fiance one day we would move there even if I had to drag him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Laides

 

Hope this eases some fears... This is from the WHO press conference a few minutes ago

 

WHO does not recommend closing borders or restrictions of travel. Neither would have any effect on further spread. It would however cause a great deal of disruption. Focus on the safety means steps can be taken to reduce the chances, but closing borders would not be helpful. What is more important to avoid travel while sick and seeking medical attention if you become sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i too am getting married on the 23rd of this month and the recent news re: swine flu is freaking me out. i just hope that this is containable, and that the media will snap out of it.

 

ugh!

lisa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
I was there on a vk for 2 weeks went all over, I fell in love love love with the UK - I told my fiance one day we would move there even if I had to drag him!
Yeah but we all talk funny lol and where i live its always bloody cold lol

Sorry hijacked.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG.. ladies.. im so sorry that people are cancelling... the media has definitely pulled this way out of proportion!!.. AND.. im not sure who said it but over 40,000 people die of reg flu every year!! so whats the panic? ... my flight is supposed to stop in cancun before heading to Cuba and my mom is complaining to the airline that cuba should be the first stop LOL.. im not sure if she is actually concerned about the flu or just wants to take advantage of the situation!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
Ha you and me are in the same boat!!! I am on my 3rd text and 18,395,493 phone call from idiots! I finally lost it on my 4th phone call from my mother and told her to cancel she's an f-ing idiot it's the FLU not eboli stop watching a twisted tail on cnn and go to the center for diesease control but whatever she does to stop calling me! I f-ing hate dumbasses. Until they close the borders I'll be in mexico sucking back corona's and a shit load of tequila i don't care if it's just ME- i need it after today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Lmao my kind of girl - honestly they are really pissing me off lol i'm even starting to think i want them to get the bloody flu to shut up and not go lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki317 View Post
I'm with you honey!!!! I leave in 5 days and tequila kills everything so we're totally straight!

shots.gif
Alright, all the Cancun brides, I shall toast you all tonight. I formally invite us to each others weddings as we may be the only ones that show. lol ~ of course, I'm only there until the 12th but we could always grab an early drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax_the_beach_bride View Post
OMG.. ladies.. im so sorry that people are cancelling... the media has definitely pulled this way out of proportion!!.. AND.. im not sure who said it but over 40,000 people die of reg flu every year!! so whats the panic? ... my flight is supposed to stop in cancun before heading to Cuba and my mom is complaining to the airline that cuba should be the first stop LOL.. im not sure if she is actually concerned about the flu or just wants to take advantage of the situation!!
Ha, this makes me laugh b/c we stop in NYC which has reported cases whereas Cancun has not. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoAzul View Post
Hi Laides

Hope this eases some fears... This is from the WHO press conference a few minutes ago

WHO does not recommend closing borders or restrictions of travel. Neither would have any effect on further spread. It would however cause a great deal of disruption. Focus on the safety means steps can be taken to reduce the chances, but closing borders would not be helpful. What is more important to avoid travel while sick and seeking medical attention if you become sick.
Thank Yael ~ if worse comes to worse FI and I will hope over to your wedding then you can come back to MP for ours. :)
p.s. hope your mom has calmed down.

smile03.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies add me to the list! Confused?...yup scared?...yup fed up with people asking me if I am still going?...yup.

 

I'm in CT and there are 20 confirmed cases 90 miles away in New York City but no one seems really upset about that.

 

Cozumel is what..nearly 1500 miles away from Mexico City? People look at me like I am crazy for even taking a "wait and see" approach.

 

I only have 2 guests in addition to us and I guess we could reschedule if we had to. I truly feel for you Married in Mexico in May brides with dozens of guests.

 

Keep positive!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracy View Post
Thank Yael ~ if worse comes to worse FI and I will hope over to your wedding then you can come back to MP for ours. :)
p.s. hope your mom has calmed down.

smile03.gif
Sounds like a plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoAzul View Post
Sounds like a plan!
I just realized how horrible my typing was in that message. Must be all the hairspray from my trial hair run. Glad you could decipher it. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics

×