May 2009 Brides

*Casey*

Love the swine ticker!

The bach party pics are all fabulous, so much fun! I look drunk in all my pics as I left the house that way (jello shots are my friend!).

Marie ~ that is so shitty, will they let you come to the US? I offer up my place as well! I hope they work something out for you. On the plus side, maybe whatever they work out your FMIL won't be able to make it!

smile03.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tracy, i'm still laughing about what you said in the shout box thread about all your students wishing flu on you now ... LOL. you leave for mexico soon, no?

and that's a great point you made for marie! this could be what she's been dreaming of ... no FMIL at the wedding!!!!!

For all you Mexico brides who have worried guests ... you might want to direct them to the CDC website ... it has some great info on Swine Flu ... and it makes it sound a little less scary:

What medications are available to treat swine flu infections in humans?

There are four different antiviral drugs that are licensed for use in the US for the treatment of influenza: amantadine, rimantadine, oseltamivir and zanamivir. While most swine influenza viruses have been susceptible to all four drugs, the most recent swine influenza viruses isolated from humans are resistant to amantadine and rimantadine. At this time, CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with swine influenza viruses.

CDC Recommendation

CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with swine influenza viruses.

* Oseltamivir (brand name Tamiflu ®) is approved to both treat and prevent influenza A and B virus infection in people one year of age and older.

* Zanamivir (brand name Relenza ®) is approved to treat influenza A and B virus infection in people 7 years and older and to prevent influenza A and B virus infection in people 5 years and older.

Recommendations for using antiviral drugs for treatment or prevention of swine influenza will change as we learn more about this new virus.

Clinicians should consider treating any person with confirmed or suspected swine influenza with an antiviral drug. Visit: CDC Swine Influenza (Flu) | Interim Guidance on Antiviral Recommendations for Patients with Confirmed or Suspected Swine Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection and Close Contacts for specific recommendations.

I mean, it's not saying the Swine Flu is gone, but it's saying there are treatments and options should someone contract it ... so it's not like you're going to drop dead as soon as you touch Mexican soil!!

Sending the best vibes your way girls ...

So has anyone actually called their doctor as preparation? I want to call my primary to ask about getting Tamiflu to have on hand since the CDC site says "treatment and/or prevention". I just don't want to come across as some overly paranoid crazy person. Think she'd look at me crazy if I asked for enough to put in OOT bags fryingpan.gif

I called my Dr. They are only giving Tamiflu to ppl who are going to Mexico City - she didn't seem to concerned that i was going to Cancun area. She also said just take normal precautions, wash hands, use purel, ect, ect. It actually made me feel better :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant Beach Bride View Post
So has anyone actually called their doctor as preparation? I want to call my primary to ask about getting Tamiflu to have on hand since the CDC site says "treatment and/or prevention". I just don't want to come across as some overly paranoid crazy person. Think she'd look at me crazy if I asked for enough to put in OOT bags fryingpan.gif
my FI works with some cardiologists. they are trying to make a few calls to see if they can round up any tamiflu sample packs. i was like, "tell them to get enough for us to put those and masks in the OOT bags!" ... FI just laughed. i'm thinking we might have problems at customs if we were trying to smuggle in that much tamiflu, LOL. FI has one pill ... pretty sure you have to take it for several days, if not a week, so that's not going to do much!

i keep thinking the masks will make for a good photo op.

Not to hijack on the Swine Flu scare ladies but I'm having a bit of a crisis that's not pandemic related:

Our best man just backed out. shitfan.gif

I could NOT believe it. I just got a call from FI who just got off the phone with his best man who said, quite simply, that "stuff" came up and he wouldn't be able to make it. Now, he lives in China at the moment and the "stuff" he's talking about is highly illegal and makes me mad to think about every time.

I am FUMING right now. Like, he couldn't even make the effort to get on a f*cking plane and come to his best friend's wedding?? We've done SO much for him - we offer him food, a place to stay etc. every time he visits Montreal and what's amazing is that he's been our "third wheel" since the beginning of our relationship ... then he got all messed up in shit in the US and now China and well ... *sigh* I just don't know ...

I think I'm most upset that he's done this to Colin .... like how could he be such a prick to Colin so close to his wedding? Like, if he knew he was going to back out why didn't he do it MONTHS ago??!!

Sorry ladies ... I know Swine Flu is definitely more important and more pressing ... but I had to vent somewhere. censored.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfulMsMiranda View Post
Not to hijack on the Swine Flu scare ladies but I'm having a bit of a crisis that's not pandemic related:

Our best man just backed out. shitfan.gif

I could NOT believe it. I just got a call from FI who just got off the phone with his best man who said, quite simply, that "stuff" came up and he wouldn't be able to make it. Now, he lives in China at the moment and the "stuff" he's talking about is highly illegal and makes me mad to think about every time.

I am FUMING right now. Like, he couldn't even make the effort to get on a f*cking plane and come to his best friend's wedding?? We've done SO much for him - we offer him food, a place to stay etc. every time he visits Montreal and what's amazing is that he's been our "third wheel" since the beginning of our relationship ... then he got all messed up in shit in the US and now China and well ... *sigh* I just don't know ...

I think I'm most upset that he's done this to Colin .... like how could he be suck a prick to Colin so close to his wedding? Like, if he knew he was going to back out why didn't he do it MONTHS ago??!!

Sorry ladies ... I know Swine Flu is definitely more important and more pressing ... but I had to vent somewhere. censored.gif
That just sucks. He must be so disappointed. I'm sorry.

We need more cheering up. I don't have many pics yet, but here are a few from my bachelorette party on Saturday. (Don't mind the ridiculous sunburn. It happened that morning during this crazy heat wave we're having.)

Click the image to open in full size.

Yeah it might work out well for me if FMIL can't come but I'm not good at waiting and those twats at the TA are making me wait lol

Thanks girls I've flown to Toronto before and its only 6 hours lol trouble is ins comp said if I go no insurance lol I swear i'm gonna find a fucking way to get married lol