May 2009 Brides

*Casey*

Thanks for the offer happy. And mummer ~ no heart attacks!

My only little freak out was completely random. We were making dinner last night and I got out the shredded cheese. I looked at the date to see if it was still good and it said May 21, 2009. I was like OMG by the time this cheese goes bad I'll be married!

Very random.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracy View Post
Thanks for the offer happy. And mummer ~ no heart attacks!

My only little freak out was completely random. We were making dinner last night and I got out the shredded cheese. I looked at the date to see if it was still good and it said May 21, 2009. I was like OMG by the time this cheese goes bad I'll be married!

Very random.
That is SO funny, drtracy! I've had a few moments like that too..looking at the expiration date on food...weird! :)

On a different note, I'm feeling ok with where I'm at/things I have to do...
it helps to keep lists and focus on a few things at a time because when I look at EVERYTHING at once, THEN, I get overwhelmed. But, for some reason, I feel less stressed now than I did in the beginning because now it's happening and seems more real...before I had all this stuff in my head and nothing was happening. Does that make sense?

Also, I had the surprise of my life (not really) this week...my fiance actually asked me if we could set a time to sit down together and go over everything we need to do and what each of us should be working on from now until the wedding! I was like..."uh..YES!" :)

hello fellow may brides!

i just found this thread and thought i'd play too

things recently accomplished:

- made my first dress fitting appt

- got my travel mugs, luggage tags and individual medicine packs for my oot bags

- made the first 2 parts of our wedding slideshow for our AHR...the growing up and us together parts. used Photostory, soooo easy and looks good i think

- ordered FI's wedding band. ha, we were cutting it close with this one as it could take 6-8 weeks. eek

- got on my MOH's ass to start planning our co-ed stag/ stagette and co-ed wedding shower in april

things to do...that i've been putting off:

- calling our justice of the peace so he can meet me and my FI

- changing our wedding monogram so i can make stickers out of it

- downloading songs for our wedding playlist for our AHR

- booking our excursion for our guests in mexico...ugh, need to get on this on

- find a tie for FI and best man. difficult to find a tie that goes with such a light colored suit that is the right purple. all the good purple ties are with other dark colors making the tie stand out too much. what do you girls think of this one? Spring Stripe - Lilac Tie

that tie, really light tan linen suit, and white dress shirt?

I havent been posting lately, but so far i have my dress but it still needs alterations (which i have an appointment for tomorrow) ... my MOH's dress is bought and we have it.. my FI and his best man have their suits, ties, shirts etc.. other than that i feel like im at a stand still.. we both go to University and our wedding is May 8th and we leave May 4th.. so trying to juggle everything is almost impossible.. im thinking about putting disposable cameras in every OOT bag.. but we r not sure if we should give each person one.. or like one camera per two people? Do you know of any places where you can order bulk in disposable cameras?

I feel sooo unprepared!! but im trying to keep things together! LOL... you ladies definitely have me beat!

YOu can find some good deals on ebay...just make sure you check expiration dates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax_the_beach_bride View Post
I havent been posting lately, but so far i have my dress but it still needs alterations (which i have an appointment for tomorrow) ... my MOH's dress is bought and we have it.. my FI and his best man have their suits, ties, shirts etc.. other than that i feel like im at a stand still.. we both go to University and our wedding is May 8th and we leave May 4th.. so trying to juggle everything is almost impossible.. im thinking about putting disposable cameras in every OOT bag.. but we r not sure if we should give each person one.. or like one camera per two people? Do you know of any places where you can order bulk in disposable cameras?

I feel sooo unprepared!! but im trying to keep things together! LOL... you ladies definitely have me beat!

My wedding is LESSS than 2 months away!! omy gosh! im freaking out!

what are people's thoughts on OOT bag contents? i have flip-flop key chains, pads of paper w/ pens, mini frisbees, and playing cards..... dont really know what else to buy to put in the bags!?... we are also going to make little favors for the day of the wedding..

We did:

1)Bag

2)towel

3)first aid kit with chapstick, sewing kit, pepto, motrin etc

4)travel candle

5)water toys

6)coin pouch for cash/cc/room key while at pool

7)bug wipes

cool.gifsticky notes so people can leave notes on each others door

9)little manicure sets

10)we got postcards from vistaprint for free that we'll include in each bag so people don't have to buy postcards to send back to family/friends

11)welcome books with all the info we think they might need

12)women are getting pashminas

Okay, i think that is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax_the_beach_bride View Post
My wedding is LESSS than 2 months away!! omy gosh! im freaking out!

what are people's thoughts on OOT bag contents? i have flip-flop key chains, pads of paper w/ pens, mini frisbees, and playing cards..... dont really know what else to buy to put in the bags!?... we are also going to make little favors for the day of the wedding..

my invitations FINALLY have all gone out, lol. and this friday i will be putting mom to work helping me with some DIY projects ... she kept complaining that she didn't feel like she was contributing ... LOL be careful what you wish for! wink.gif

i had a bridesmaid drop out today, which was fine, since i had given her the option several times (also MONTHS ago) since i knew her situation, and the bridal party was lopsided anyway. i just found it funny that she waited until now. her daughter is still flower girl (and dress arrived today). at least with the one bridesmaid out, i can finally say all my girls have their dresses ... and since i'm so indecisive, i hadn't bought their jewelry or gifts yet anyway, so my procrastination actually worked out for me!