May 2009 Brides

*Casey*

OMG! So my mom was down the past 2 days. We managed to get so much accomplished!!!

I finished my first aid and hangover kits for my OOT Bags.

All the invitations for the AHR done and ready to mail the end of Feb.

Thank You tags for my OOT Bags.

Basically all things OOT Bag done minus picking up the pop up laundry baskets and putting it all together.

My first fitting done and AHR dress ordered!

Precruise packets/luggage tags done and in the envelopes, just need to be addressed and mailed out!

Few last things to do not alot though!

I can't believe its all coming together!!

Hopefully my dress will be done March 4. I've been having anxiety all week about it fitting since its been in my mothers attic since 2001. We where originally supposed to have a big church wedding, but I was laid off, so we postponed a few years!!

Thank god she only has to let it out a bit. We can zip it but I can barely breath in it!!! I have to have the shoulders taken up a bit and we're doing a 7 point under bussle. It looks so pretty though!! I can't wait till its all done to get pics!! I forgot to take some yesterday! My camera was in my purse, but we totally forgot!! We did so much in the past 2 days! Now I have to figure out where to put everything!

I can't believe its all coming together! I am loving my OOT bags!

Oh my mom and I decided we're going to send my aunt who is also my godmother a OOT bag and have it arrive on our wedding date. My Aunt isn't able to go on the cruise with us since her daughter just got married on Saturday. Her new son in laws parents didn't offer to pay for much so my Aunt was really upset she couldn't find a way to have enough money to go. I totally understand I told her. So we are going to mail out an OOT bag with a nice note saying "Have a drink with us for our wedding!" and how we wish she could have been there with us. I hope she's going to like it!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattie View Post
OMG! So my mom was down the past 2 days. We managed to get so much accomplished!!!

I finished my first aid and hangover kits for my OOT Bags.
All the invitations for the AHR done and ready to mail the end of Feb.
Thank You tags for my OOT Bags.
Basically all things OOT Bag done minus picking up the pop up laundry baskets and putting it all together.
My first fitting done and AHR dress ordered!
Precruise packets/luggage tags done and in the envelopes, just need to be addressed and mailed out!

Few last things to do not alot though!

I can't believe its all coming together!!

Hopefully my dress will be done March 4. I've been having anxiety all week about it fitting since its been in my mothers attic since 2001. We where originally supposed to have a big church wedding, but I was laid off, so we postponed a few years!!

Thank god she only has to let it out a bit. We can zip it but I can barely breath in it!!! I have to have the shoulders taken up a bit and we're doing a 7 point under bussle. It looks so pretty though!! I can't wait till its all done to get pics!! I forgot to take some yesterday! My camera was in my purse, but we totally forgot!! We did so much in the past 2 days! Now I have to figure out where to put everything!

I can't believe its all coming together! I am loving my OOT bags!

Oh my mom and I decided we're going to send my aunt who is also my godmother a OOT bag and have it arrive on our wedding date. My Aunt isn't able to go on the cruise with us since her daughter just got married on Saturday. Her new son in laws parents didn't offer to pay for much so my Aunt was really upset she couldn't find a way to have enough money to go. I totally understand I told her. So we are going to mail out an OOT bag with a nice note saying "Have a drink with us for our wedding!" and how we wish she could have been there with us. I hope she's going to like it!!
Cattie-you have so much done already! I am so impressed!!! I need to get my butt in gear. I was kind of in denial that the wedding was so soon.

I don't really have a choice!!

I work nights, so having my mom come help is narrowed down to 2 days a week, both of which can be a meeting night for her!

We're also taking a weekend road trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for my cousin's 18th bday in March. Plus the week before we leave if the FI's godson's communion! So we have to go to Syracuse for a few days! Then once we get home from there we get to pack and won't have time for much of anything!

I don't have much left to do, thank god!! The bad part is, I get to look for more things to do!! And spend more money!!

why do you girls keep saying 3 monthshuh.gif you're freaking me out! it's FOUR months!!! (ok, so my wedding is at the END of may ...)

at least one thing got accomplished ... groom attire. he went last weekend finally, and took care of it. of course, he spent more on his attire than i spent on mine (doesn't bother me much, because he will wear his suit again and again ... my dress is a one-time deal) ... BUT, he had been giving me a hard time about hiring a better (and more $$$) photographer than the one our resort's wedding package offers. now that he spent $1200 (yes, you read that right) on his wedding day clothes, you can bet your ass i'm booking the photographer. i'll do it with my money, because in my opinion, the photography is practically THE most important thing!

oh, and my matronOH asked for my maidOH's phone number/email, etc. ... which leads me to believe planning is going to begin for a shower or bachelorette party!! funny, but that's the thing that really made me realize how close the wedding is! yikes! it also made me realize i need to start dressing nicer and wearing makeup more regularly, LOL!

I've only had one reply which was can't tell you by the RSVP date. FI's lot have totally ignored the invites lol I've gone from 27 to 5 guests! the wedding package is now useless and FI hasn't got sod all of his outfit lol GREAT!!!!!

And to make matters worse I went to the Drs asking for a new inhaler because the gym is killing me and he is sending for an ECG! I mean wtf!! lol

FI couldn't give a toss and my old flame is the one texting me to see if i'm alright. Something wrong with this picture lmao

Oh crap! My invites are being mailed to me so I will be mailing them out next week. I think I'm way behind based on everyone else. Good news is that 17 people have purchased flights and hotel rooms. So I am ASSuming that these people are considered good to go. I only need 30 for my minimum. I was going to get personalized postage stamps but I am now wondering if I should forgo the stamps and just send out the invites. Any thoughts?

Here's an update on my finished list

Got his ring...YAY!

Got my dress and veil and hiding it in my daughter's closet..no one has a clue!

BUT

My freakin e-ring has produced an allergic reaction! I have a brown nasty looking scar on my ring finger. I have been wearing this ring for over a year and all of a sudden I have a reaction. This is a platinum band with diamonds and I should not be allergic to it. My ex-husband gave me a platinum band that was wayyyyyy less expensive than this ring and I did not have a single problem. I'm really bummed out because this ring mean so much to me. This is the best relationship ever and we are so in-love. WTF! My rash is clearing up only because I'm not wearing the band. Whenever I wear the ring my rash becomes inflamed. I feel naked without this band. I hope this isn't an omen. I picked up my dress from David's last week and when the seamstress was showing me how to bustle my dress her finger ran across a pin that had been left in by someone else and she got blood on the bottom of my dress. I felt bad for her that she hurt herself. But I also wonder WTF, is this an omen. My last marriage we had a freakin deer run across the road in front of our car on our way to the JOP. Maybe I'm just stressed because I feel nothing is done and my semester starts again this coming Saturday. My last final is on the 20th of May and I get on the plane the 21st for our 24th wedding. Our semester started much later than usual which completely threw a wrench in my plans. My FI's son is complaining about having to wear a fuschia tie and my daughter is complaining that we all will have to share a room. Which, I have not told her we are all sharing a room yet, because if I did my FI's son would complain. All small bs I know, but annoying none the less. Oh, and my aunt (who we were raised like sisters by my great-grandmother) and I got into a huge fight while in DC to celebrate the inauguration with my great grandmother. We are not talking now and she informed me that she is not coming to my wedding. She said so many nasty things to me that I never ever thought I would ever hear from someone I love. So, I guess right now I'm just a wee bit over dramatic and emotional.

BIG breath now! Thanks for the rant.

My invites are finally ready to go ! I'm taking the bulk of them with me to France tomorrow, mailing them from there will be quicker and less expensive ! The other half will ship from Houston... Yeah !

Remaining to be done :

- puchase material for sand ceremony

- write vows and translate ceremony to French

- FI's attire

- best woman attire

- groomsmen attire

- OOT bags - FI wants "something unique". Great... that's gonna be simple !

- finalize details with WC

Otherwise everything is pretty much done ! Looking good !