May 2009 Brides

*Casey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel&B View Post
Good job on your planning! Question, does teal go with anything else in your color scheme? Does it match the BM and Groom? I think it might be a little odd if it doesn't fit the overall color scheme... If you want a color to pop, I think I would do with green. It will match the stems and look natural but still stand out against a white shirt or khaki suit (not sure what the guys are wearing). That's just my two pesos!
Thanks, it sounds way more organized than it is HAHA
Teal and sand are our wedding colors but i went with the fuschia flowers because I didnt want teal or sand as the flower colors :) LOL FI doesnt want to wear PINK he says :) Forgot to mention that the guys will most likely be wearing linen pants and a shirt and linen suit for the FI with a teal tie and fedoras? So thats where i am taking teal from? I wanted green but he didnt like it for some reason? So we took green out of the bouquets :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK things are moving things are moving ! Yeah !

Done :

- picked BM and GM

- decided on guests lists

- picked the place (halleluia), place deposit on the room

- picked the date

- picked a date for an on-site visit (but changed it since and wait to hear from the hotel...)

- got FI band

- ordered the dress

- picked a color theme

- ordered the flowers

Almost done :

- bridesmaids dresses

- my band

- File paperwork with French consulate

Remaining to be done : all the rest ! Let's see :

- send invites

- FI attire

- grooms man and Best woman attire

- flower girl and ring bearer attire

- bands "cushion"

- shoes and jewelry

- my something blue... and my something borrowed

- photographer and videographer

- chose a WC (my hotel does not carry one) and organize ceremony

- find hair inspiration and make up inspiration

- find haidresser and make up artist

- book honeymoom

- book plane tickets

- prepare prenup

- get married legally wink.gif

- celebrate legal wedding

- monogram

- Thanksgiving dinner - hey you're in the wrong list you ! focus.gif

- OOT bags (which implies : all contents)

- fans

- gifts for BM

- centerpieces (almost forgot wacko.gif )

- menu (TBD when visit on site)

- wine (same)

Wow. The list does not look so long ! pinkie.gif

The next urgent things are the photographer and the WC !

I must say - thank you all for your lists I wouldn't have known where to start ! Obviously I never did that before wink.gif

I have an update as well...my invitations should be arriving on Monday-I am so excited for them-the company that did them said that they came out so good they were going to feature them on their website!

I did my raffia fans a few weeks ago.

Question for the ladies who did the luggage tags-how did you do them? How did you create the card for it? I really want to do them but I am totally clueless

I actually re did mine from when I posted them a while ago. I didn't like how they turned out the first time and thought I could do better.

What I did was bought blank business cards, made up the front and back on Publisher, then printed and laminated them. Cut them out, used a heart shaped hole punch to slip the plastic through and they turned out great!

I did however type all my guests information in before I laminated them. Or your guest could always use a sharpie and write over the plastic. They turned out alot harder then in the plastic sleeves.

One day I'll get around to posting the picutres

I have a little update too! My dress came in!!! I think I'm going to see it this weekend. Saks will hold onto it for me until I'm finished with fittings. I should also have my invites next week.

Luggage tags: My mom has a laminating machine and she is going to make them for me. You can also use vista print. Go to the DIY forum and search luggage tags. There are many, many expamples, directions, templates, etc.

Hi!

This is what I have done as of today:

Paid deposit for my WC, Varia

Reserved Dreams resort for ceremony and reception

Sent out STDs

Booked travel package

Booked hair and make-up with Suzanne Morel

Have 20 guests booked as well

My Dress is ordered and I should pick it up 11/21/08: yeah!!!!

Things pending:

Engagement photos

Flower girl dresses

Maid of Honor dress

My wedding shoes

My wedding under garments

My Hair flower

Wedding favors

reception flowers

d.j.

cake

reception menu

wedding invitations

OMG! Do I have too many things pending. I only have 6 months.

I've done nothing else apart from buy my make up lol

I bumped into a girl at the Bobbi Brown counter yesterday and she got married on April 14th at the Moon Palace lol she did everything when she got there and it was totally stress free so i've decided bugger it i'l sort it then lol

I'm just not looking forward to it if I'm honest so I have no inclination to do anything lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
I've done nothing else apart from buy my make up lol

I bumped into a girl at the Bobbi Brown counter yesterday and she got married on April 14th at the Moon Palace lol she did everything when she got there and it was totally stress free so i've decided bugger it i'l sort it then lol

I'm just not looking forward to it if I'm honest so I have no inclination to do anything lol
You are not looking forward to your wedding or just the planning of it?
Well, if you left now you could have a really nice nudist wedding...your make up would look great!!smile41.gif

Both lol I really can't be arsed - it's gonna be a war zone lol I said to FI how long before we fight about your mother and he is going for 10 mins lmao

Funny you say that one of my m8s has said he is staying at Desire! I said well wear freaking clothes to my wedding or you'll put me off my food lol