altos de chavon / dreams la romana wedding

Hi!

I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about getting married @ altos de chavon. Now that dreams la romana is opening up, i'm considering a wedding ceremony @ altos & then beach reception @ dreams la romana. what's the distance between one & the other? Also, I'm interested in knowing more about pricing of marrying at the church there.

I've done searches & haven't seen much on altos de chavon or the romana area.. has anyone else researched this option before & can possibly share some insight?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsbride View Post
I got married at Secrets Excellence 4 years ago and my son will be married next Dec 2009 at Paradisus Punta Cana and honeymoon at Paradisus Palma Real.

I got some information for you about Altos De Chavon..
I heard the Preist was over charging and you should be careful of him.

But please call Isabel and ask her.

have you considered Paradisus, we loved it when we toured it....

Hugs
MOG.....mother of groom

Thanks for this! I'm actually Dominican, so I will be able to speak to the priest in spanish.. hopefully this will help?? lol.. I hope so!

That church has got to me one of my favorite churches in the entire world. :)

I fell in love w/ it the first time I saw it when I was about 5.

Check out this from msnbc.com

Casa de Campo, La Romana, Dominican Republic

The Resort: Located on the southeastern coast near the Chavon River, this chic getaway offers guests everything from the world-famous Teeth of the Dog golf course (one of three on the property) to an upscale marina and yacht club, as well as swanky stores like Burberry and Cartier. Book your guests into luxe digs in the main hotel or upgrade to one of the private villas, owned by celebs including actor George Hamilton and slugger Sammy Sosa (he recently held his birthday bash at the property). For fun, head to Altos de Chavon, just down the street. Modeled after a 16th-century Mediterranean village, this cultural center offers great dining and shopping, plus a selection of art galleries featuring local artisans set along its winding cobblestone streets. A Grecian-style amphitheater offers world-class performances by the likes of Sting and Gloria Estefan.

Casa De Campo

The Church of St. Stanislaus at Altos de Chavon at Casa de Campo, La Romana, in the Dominican Republic feels like a romantic little chapel you would find on a forgotten street in Rome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chapel: The Church of St. Stanislaus at Altos de Chavon feels like a romantic little chapel you would find on a forgotten street in Rome. Set in a beautiful courtyard with stone fountains and panoramic river views, the consecrated chapel is built of weathered stone with small ornate windows and big wooden doors, and houses some religious artifacts. (The ashes of St. Stanislaus, the patron saint of Poland, were sent by Pope John Paul II to commemorate the churchâ€s inauguration.) Up to 65 guests can join you for a traditional Catholic wedding. Per Dominican Republic regulations, all ceremonies must be performed in Spanish, but English translators are available upon request.

That Extra Touch: Hold an outdoor candlelight reception in the village square overlooking the river, with catering done by one of the resortâ€s five restaurants (our fave is Italian-style La Piazzetta). Rooms from $353. Chapel package from $500, not including required donation to the church.

• 7 months later...

Wow- I know this tread is a couple months old, but this is VERY helpful information. We orginally were planning on getting married in Puerto Vallarta but have recenently decided to switch locations. Yesterday I saw pictures of The Church of St. Stanislaus and fell in love! And I saw the Dreams La Romana and wanted to know if this was an option to have the wedding at the Church and the reception at the Dreams. Thanks!!! Has anyone stayed at the Casa De Campo? It seems nice, just REALLY big!

• 4 months later...

we are actually getting married at Casa de Campo - I can't share in the excitement with the other brides sad.gif no one else seems to be getting married there. The prices are a bit steep but we are having a very small wedding. Anyway, I wanted to post on here so brides are aware you can have your wedding at the church St. Stanislaus but stay at Dreams which is more affordable than Casa. I spoke with the wc at Dream to get this info Tiara. Hope it helps anyone trying to getting married in a church!