Photo

Jetblue offering flights to Jamaica???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Myda77

Myda77
  • 821 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:30 AM

My sister told me she heard JetBlue was going to start offering flights to JA starting spring '09. She doesn't remember where she heard this from. Has anyone heard anything about this? Currently the only flights available for my guests are AA and Air Jamaica, it would be great if there was another option.
    Maida & Tomas
    Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

That would be so cool. I just checked their website to see the new cities that they are flying to, but it didn't list Jamaica. But, the list only goes up to December 2008, so maybe they won't release the 2009 destinations until 2009.
      JetBlue | Where we jet

My guests used Delta out of NY & we all loved it, but it really would be nice to have another option other than AA & Air Jamaica. I'll definitely stay tuned.

#3 divadivine25

divadivine25
      • 427 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

What is the ballpark figure of airfare costs so far Myda? The highest is from Chicago at $541 and the lowest is ATL at I think $431.

Im hoping that the prices drop after the new year.

#4 Myda77

Myda77
        • 821 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by divadivine25
          What is the ballpark figure of airfare costs so far Myda? The highest is from Chicago at $541 and the lowest is ATL at I think $431.

Im hoping that the prices drop after the new year.
          Hi!,

Some of my guests already started booking, and the average non stop flight on Air Jamaica is about $510 leaving from JFK. It gets a little cheaper if you have one stop flight. The prices are kinda high to me. I am hoping they go down a little or Air jamaica has a sale. If I hear anything about Jetblue I will definitely let you ladies know.
          Maida & Tomas

#5 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
          • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

Have you checked with Kayak.com ... We have some guests using Spirit Airlines from Boston to get to Mo Bay. We booked a long time ago as soon we knew Jamaica.. so it was only 365 round trip... Spirit right now has a super deal from 435. I would check out6 Kayak.com and see what they have to say you might be surprised. They check every site under the sun and get you the cheapest rate. Also another thing to think about it "Wacky Wednesday" Early in the morning on Wed you can usually find some great deals on flights... don't know its always a Wed but it has worked with a few of our guests.

#6 Myda77

Myda77
            • 821 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by 2bebridejamaica
              Have you checked with Kayak.com ... We have some guests using Spirit Airlines from Boston to get to Mo Bay. We booked a long time ago as soon we knew Jamaica.. so it was only 365 round trip... Spirit right now has a super deal from 435. I would check out6 Kayak.com and see what they have to say you might be surprised. They check every site under the sun and get you the cheapest rate. Also another thing to think about it "Wacky Wednesday" Early in the morning on Wed you can usually find some great deals on flights... don't know its always a Wed but it has worked with a few of our guests.
              Wow, thanks for posting that! I will def check it out.
              Maida & Tomas

#7 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

Not sure about the JetBlue offering but as a general note, would check regularly with the airlines to ensure a contingency plan for reduced flights. Several airlines are now dropping domestic and international flights at will, so keep that in mind.

#8 barrow

barrow
                • 121 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:24 PM

I am waiting to see how some airlines will deal with all that is going on in the economy. I hope that we can find some flights that are in the 300. I am starting to feel bad for my guess.
                  life is too short, live in the moments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users