Photo

Back from SGOR - but not married

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 lucy106

lucy106
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

OMG that is totally crazy!! As mentioned before at least all are safe and you have eachother. Good for you guys for waiting until everyone you wanted to be there could be.

#12 lscilley

lscilley
    • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

That really sucks so sorry about all of it. What are you guys planning now?

#13 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
      • 985 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

You seem to be handling the situation really well! I'm so glad that everyone is safe. What will you do now?

#14 Angel

Angel
        • 2,635 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. At least everybody is safe. At least your getting a refund.
          Are you guys planning anything in the near future?

#15 Melissa G

Melissa G
          • 105 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:56 PM

We have an AHR planned for October 4th in NC, so we are going to turn that into our wedding and reception. It is going to be a crazy rush to find someone to marry us, a location, ect... At least we already had a reception basically planned. I will have to post a planning thread with all the information soon!

None of our family lives in the area, so since they were already planning on making the trip down for the reception we thought that would be easier to just do the wedding that day too.

About 1/2 the guests made it down - it was my family (12 ppl), our best man and his girlfriend and us. So it turned into a family reunion for me!!! We had a lot of fun together even in the hurricane!

The rest of the people cancelled and about 1/2 of them had insurance. I don't know what the other people are doing about getting their $$ back or getting a credit from Sandals.

Unique Vacations were the people the wedding was booked through and they were not going to refund our money. The travel insurance were not going to refund our money either because we made it to the resort. But the general manager of SGOR made a call to the President of Unique Vacations and they decided to make and exception and give us our $$$ back, which was huge! I don't know how we would have afforded all of the new wedding costs without the refund.

#16 jamaica2009bride

jamaica2009bride
            • 123 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Wow, that is crazy. Thank god they refunded your money! I envy your calm attitude- I don't think I would feel quite the same way! It's great that you got a nice trip with your family despite the hurricane screwing up your plans.

#17 Nicolem82580

Nicolem82580
              • 75 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

Wow i'm so sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear you had a great vacation any how !! Good luck with the planning ! Its so awesome that your so calm about everything ! I think i would be freaking out !! lol :)

#18 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:11 PM

wow that is so crazy! i feel so bad for you, but i am so happy you are making the most of it :) glad you got a nice vacation anyways :)

#19 divadivine25

divadivine25
                • 427 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

Wow!
                  Im sure that you all will have something wonderful planned very soon!

#20 divadivine25

divadivine25
                  • 427 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

Wow!
                    Im sure that you all will have something wonderful planned very soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users